HKPRO Forums banner

Diavari DA Questions

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  andrew1182 
#1 · (Edited)
My dad gives the best christmas gifts. When I was 14 he gave me a 98% HK91 and the following year he gave me a Diavari DA on a claw mount. We attempted to mount the scope and it just wouldn't fit. It didn't fit any of his rifles or mine. Now this was before the internet had a huge presence, so we were finally at our wits end and just never mounted it. Life happened for a while and I was going through my safe this afternoon and decided to take another look. I'm now a couple of decades older, more patient, and the internet knows everything right?

All of my research points toward the mount needing modification because the front of the sight base stops the mount from securing properly. I'm assuming the proper course of action would be taking it to a machinist and having material removed from the mount until it clears that sight base and fits securely. If anyone has experience with this any input would be greatly appreciated.

The most helpful website I found during my search was:

HK G3 claw mounts ©mg-42.net 2007

<mod: we do not allow price checking in the non-premium sections. Especially for non-HK items>

Thanks in advance!

Pictures attached for reference:

See less See more
#2 ·
It should snap right on. The rear section sits in the saddle section just forward of the rear sight.
Sorry for the stupid question, but are you actuating the lever to rotate the left side feet to fit under
the claw mounting points? If indeed the mount is not working, I'd search for another SG1 mount vs
milling the receiver. Maybe post a video of what is happening?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I have positioned the scope properly in the saddle and attempted to actuate the lever. The issue that I'm running into is that this portion of the mount:

Is impacting this portion of the saddle:

There just isn't enough clearance between the inner edge of the claw mount and the top of the forward saddle post. There's no way I would mill the receiver on the rifle, but I had certainly considered milling the claw mount for the required clearance.

#7 · (Edited)
Everyone of my SG1 mounts fit perfectly. You don't have to rotate the sight around either. There is a bumper on some of the SG1 mounts. You may have to remove the bumper for it to fit.

Are you rotating the feet down on the mount. Prior to clamping it on. That finger is designed to hold the mount from sliding forward and needs to be there.

HK G3 claw mounts ©mg-42.net 2007

#11 ·
Haven't made it to the machine shop yet, but I did have this guy come in! I'm really impressed with the build quality.

*Stock and fore grip were simply set near the pistol for measurement purposes for SBR application. Nothing has been or will be installed and all items are stored in separate locations until approved.

Attachments

#12 ·
Maybe before you have material milled from the mount, try a file? Just a thought, seems like you remove material a little more incrementally.

#14 ·
I wouldn't mill a damn thing until I was certain I had it right. I have that exact same scope/mount and it mounts on a rear sight tab just like you have pictured without issues. Are you moving the feet down out of the way? Is the lever on your left? You start milling, you will ruin the value of anything you mill on.

#15 ·
You start milling, you will ruin the value of anything you mill on.
That begs the question as to why it is too 'fat' in the one place...one of mine was.

They are forged steel, and very tough. Filing would be very tiring, along with mostly inaccurate dimensionally.

Have a competent machinist do it and rub some cold blue on the spot. Alles goot!

DG

#16 · (Edited)
I appreciate all of the responses. I'm certain I've completed the correct install procedure; unfortunately, you just can't fit a square peg into a round hole. It doesn't fit. Based on my research the mount seems to be easily replaced so I'll just have the one I own milled. Honestly, I'm not going to sell anything I own so resale value because of the custom work to have it fit isn't a concern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.