HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was visiting my parents the other day and it turns out that my dad just bought a USP45. Unlike my USP9, his gun has no internal lock. Is this true of all newer USPs or just some? Another interesting change that I noticed is the slightly less aggressive grip checkering, which IMO makes th gun much more comfortable to hold.

L

·
0 Posts
hmm, i did notice my 07 expert had smoother grip than my 06 USP. i guess i wasn't imagining things

certain USP's were produced without the lock If i recall correctly

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is an interesting question. I actually like the aggressive checkering as it really holds the gun in place but a little less wouldn't seem to be a problem either and I know this is a common complaint.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
What is the gun's date code?

I bought two brand new P2000's earlier this year and neither of them came with a key. But they still had the lock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it was really stupid to get so mad at HK for not releasing the 416, but the gun locks on the USPs honestly bother me.

Don't neuter your guns!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Must be something somewhat new. My KE dated USP has no such device.

Wish they wouldnt add such things, my new SA 1911 has one as well, it will be removed when I can afford the parts. ARe they added for Cali sales or what?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Holding my NIB AH date code USPc. Lock-out feature is present and it came with a key for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't see the point in starting another thread - so I have this question..

When did HK -begin- using internal locks on the USP?

·
Registered
865 Posts
If memory serves me correctly only the 45ACP have this feature in the USP line up also the HK45 & HK45c have this as well. As far as the P30 & P2000 series pistols I don't know due to I do not own these types of pistols, I hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts