HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first roller lock. Was trying to get that stupid ass rail off. Why the hell do they have to put the thing on there to begin with... anyways.. i was gonna keep it as a safe queen but..

Metal

·
Priest of the P7
5,316 Posts
Oh man...that thing is garbage now. Dispose of it responsibly.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
The rail mount should be left apart from the weapon at the factory, placed in a separate, foam cutout!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I don't see anything wrong :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
The rail rubbed off some of the finish at several places on my SP5K. It doesn't bother me because I know it will get a lot more wear over the years.

Put the rail back on if you wan to hide it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yup.. Guess I got an excuse to paddle mag it now
For what its worth that can be done without a refinish. TSC and a few others do it without touching the paint on the gun. They can even swap the barrel to a new b&t barrel or someone elses with 3 lug without a full refinish.

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's par for the course for that Mid-Life Crisis optic mount. These guns - particularly the -K versions - were designed for close quarters where an optic isn't needed an only adds weight. I can kinda see where it might make sense for a full-size MP5, or a '33/93/53, but aside from those, I took mine off and never intend to install it again.

I was very careful on disassembly, but you'll always have the 'moon-mark' on the top of the receiver lug where the clamp bolt rides down. Oh, well - shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it. The first scratch is the hardest, and after that nobody cares anymore.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That's par for the course for that Mid-Life Crisis optic mount. These guns - particularly the -K versions - were designed for close quarters where an optic isn't needed an only adds weight. I can kinda see where it might make sense for a full-size MP5, or a '33/93/53, but aside from those, I took mine off and never intend to install it again.

I was very careful on disassembly, but you'll always have the 'moon-mark' on the top of the receiver lug where the clamp bolt rides down. Oh, well - shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it. The first scratch is the hardest, and after that nobody cares anymore.
Yup.. Already over it.. I guess shooting it will probably fix it anyways right..??

it's just like getting a new porsche and getting a knick or something. I'm a pretty anal retentive guy when it comes to tangible investment grade goods.

sharpie. no one will ever notice.
One of the first things I thought of tbh, in a joking sense.. I like to be an honest person though.. and I'd never dare take a sharpie to an HK.. rather live with the mar

Yup.. I think it's a stupid add on.. and they probably wanted to move extras.. I read the manual before removing it but I never messed with nor touched any mp5 hardware before.. Shot a cetme once though I think a few years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts