HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to put some money into my USP Compact which I bought used a year ago. It functioned flawless since I got it, but wanted to spice my favorite pistol up a bit.

Upgrades:
-replaced the dead tritium night sights with new Meprolights.
-replaced the patchy purple extractor(which functioned perfectly) with a new one.
-added GGG Rail Adapter
-added Lasermax Red Laser (was hoping it would be thin enough to still fit in my IWB holster but it is just too large)

Here are some cell pics......

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you tried installing the mag release from the HK45c onto your USPc? It's a night and day difference if you ask me. I've got a Surefire X300 (with MR08 rail) attached to my USP45CT, and with the HK45c mag release installed, it's the "bees knees." I'm just waiting for a DG-15 remote switch for the X300, and that, with the extended 10 round mags, will be my go-to home defense pistol that backs up my 12 gauge.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the input guys.

I will have to look into the HK45c mag release, that's one upgrade I haven't thought of. The standard mag release works fairly well for me but I do have to adjust a bit to reach it. Is the P30/45c release easier to reach? I've held both guns before but never actuated the mag release.

So far(1 day) I like the LaserMax because it is fairly slim. But my main reason for getting it was to be able to conceal it in my IWB holster for carry but it is too tight. The laser fits nice on the GGG and has an easy on/off feature. So I like the simplicity of it.

Hopefully I can get to the range tomorrow and shoot it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
-replaced the patchy purple extractor(which functioned perfectly) with a new one.
You were finally graced with the badge of HK honor, and you threw it away like any other lapel pin? You, sir, might find yourself smited by the HK almighty! I'm glad I don't live near you. I'd hate to be part of the collateral damage.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You were finally graced with the badge of HK honor, and you threw it away like any other lapel pin? You, sir, might find yourself smited by the HK almighty! I'm glad I don't live near you. I'd hate to be part of the collateral damage.
You're right, the purple is a badge. Remember I bought this used and it was already purple. I want to purple it myself and earn the badge properly.

Hey my new extractor will be prob be purple soon and I won't replace it ever again :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice pic of your CT!

I like how the Surefire light fits the USP. I might have to look into one of those for mine. I currently have an Insight M3, I like it, but the Surefire is top of the line when it comes to lights IMO

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another question, when I replaced the extractor I was very surprised about how much residue was caked into the area. Is that something you guys clean often(after a range session) or just once in awhile(6-12month)?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm surprised at how little the adapter for the laser moves it down, I thought from seeing the diagrams of them that it would be more significant than that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Another question, when I replaced the extractor I was very surprised about how much residue was caked into the area. Is that something you guys clean often(after a range session) or just once in awhile(6-12month)?
Just once in a while- every couple months (on guns that see 500-1000 rds per month).

-424D57

1 - 12 of 12 Posts