HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was put on Dallas Armslist about a week ago.. I emailed the guy several times trying to get him to call me but never got a single reply.. Maybe because I had an Oklahoma number? I've been working in Texas a lot recently and would have met him at a LGS to pay and have it shipped to a Oklahoma FFL.. But, it looks like I missed out on it. Did one of you get it? I think it was a legit deal because the same seller has another active listing for a much cheaper Smith and Wesson firearm. He removed the listing - it wasn't flagged.. Someone got a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I saw it on TGT and was tempted drive up and meet him. He pulled the ad from there too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw it on TGT and was tempted drive up and meet him. He pulled the ad from there too.
Ya, I saw it there also. I was tempted to make an account so I could message him more. It aggravates me when someone wants to sell a gun locally and doesn't list their number. He may have sold it the same day or next and didn't bother to pull the ad right away..(I saw it after it had been listed for 2 days. Was slacking on my daily HK searches.) Or maybe he realized he may have listed it a little too cheap and decided to hold onto it for a while.. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
My $.02
I have been searching on Armlist for Hk's; there are more frauds' than legitimate guns in the HK category (there is a section in the premium about all the scams)

I can't see all the ad, but if I suspect a fraud listing; I ask if I can meet for FTF in their area; The scammers don't want to meet, so they tend not to respond for request to meet (maybe that's why he didn't respond to a semi-local number??)

or if they do, the first thing they ask is "where you are located?" and "do you have ffl to ship" ; if you reply back with the area the gun was listed (like "I am in Dallas" in this case) they say....
"Oh, I actually am in Cali, I just moved;" but the number they give for their google voice account has an area code in neither place.

Did the add say he would meet for FTF?
My guard is so high right now; that anything that seems to good to be true is a scam, until I have the gun in my hand.....
Look up P7 on armlist; you will see "lifted" pictures of guns that were on our forum or gunbroker within minutes of the legitimate adds being placed.....

I am probably wrong and going off on a tangent....sorry; but I hate a darn thief.... and armlist is terrible right now....
I hope that someone got a great deal...

Ok, so I looked up the add...... the other listing for a ar-15 M&P for $450 seems a bit cheap???

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I don't think this one was a scam, there are a lot on TGT though. His IP tracked to Plano I believe if memory serves me. Some people won't respond to others inquiring if they already have a deal pending. I'm not sure why there's a group of people out there that severely lack communication skills or are just plain lazy when they sell stuff.

Hell, I scored an AK a month ago for 50.00 on a local site. Serial# checked out and wasn't reported. It was only missing a few parts. They're out there, just few and far between and if you have a little street smarts, you sniff the scams(or sketchy) out a mile away.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My $.02
I have been searching on Armlist for Hk's; there are more frauds' than legitimate guns in the HK category (there is a section in the premium about all the scams)

I can't see all the ad, but if I suspect a fraud listing; I ask if I can meet for FTF in their area; The scammers don't want to meet, so they tend not to respond for request to meet (maybe that's why he didn't respond to a semi-local number??)

or if they do, the first thing they ask is "where you are located?" and "do you have ffl to ship" ; if you reply back with the area the gun was listed (like "I am in Dallas" in this case) they say....
"Oh, I actually am in Cali, I just moved;" but the number they give for their google voice account has an area code in neither place.

Did the add say he would meet for FTF?
My guard is so high right now; that anything that seems to good to be true is a scam, until I have the gun in my hand.....
Look up P7 on armlist; you will see "lifted" pictures of guns that were on our forum or gunbroker within minutes of the legitimate adds being placed.....

I am probably wrong and going off on a tangent....sorry; but I hate a darn thief.... and armlist is terrible right now....
I hope that someone got a great deal...

Ok, so I looked up the add...... the other listing for a ar-15 M&P for $450 seems a bit cheap???
I have seen many of the scams on there and I can usually sniff them out. You're right there's a lot of HK scams on Armslist. I really think this one was legit. My first email was just a question or 2 about the pistol and a request that he contacts me via my phone number. I think if he was trying to scam me he would have jumped on someone from out of state interested.. But still no reply..

No, the gun he has for sale now is a cheap 22 put out by Smith and Wesson.
Not an actual AR-15

1 - 6 of 6 Posts