HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just measured the test target included with my HK P30. I measured 4cm ( 1.574 inch).
Is this a tight grouping? And my second question is about the version. Its labeled P30-V4 CH-BL.
I know thats a LEM version. But whats the diff between LEM V1 and LEM V4? Are there any differences?
And do you think its ok to shoot +p+ rounds? The manual says no i saw that. But if a glock can, i guess the P30 also right?
Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Maybe that's unique to your country? My P30 didn't come with a target nor did any of my other HKs. As for +P+ I would follow the manual but realistically I doubt that using it for carry would harm the gun.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have purchased 4 new HK pistols in the last 18 month. None came with a test target.

·
Registered
65 Posts
To the OP:

According to another thread, the variant 4 CH is also known as v 4.1.

Where did you buy your pistol? It sounds like a relatively recent availability for this variant, likely overshadowed by the VP9 hoopla.

In the reference section of the forum, in the sticky spring chart posted by TooSixy, the v4 P30/P30L TRS has a unique part number, but that may be for the v4, not v4 CH, not sure.

My understanding is v4.1 reduces trigger pre-travel by one-third, from 15mm to 10mm.

Also, it would be very interesting to know the specific trigger pull weight for your P30. A Lyman digital scale is an inexpensive way to measure, and any gunsmith should have one.

I converted my P2000SK from v2 to v4 and the trigger pull changed from 7.75 to 6.25 pounds.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Its labeled P30-V4 CH-BL.
I know thats a LEM version. But whats the diff between LEM V1 and LEM V4? Are there any differences?
Read this and you'll know:
Montrala: HK P30/P30L short travel LEM (CDA) trigger V4.1 aka V4 CH

I've got a P30 V4 CH, too. And for me, it's the best LEM variant. They are very rare outside Switzerland, but I like this variant most. If only the trigger reset was a little shorter, then it would be perfect.

Only thing, which is a little strange with (my) V4 CH: If I ride the slide forward when chambering the first round, i.e. hold the slide and move it slowly forward, then the trigger pre-travel is not shortened but a little scratchy at the first 1/10". But if I let the slide just move quickly forward, then the pre-travel is shortened and not scratchy at all. After the first shot, it's always shortened and not scratchy. I know, it's wrong to ride the slide slowly forward and normally, I don't do it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Where did you buy your pistol?
In Switzerland, I suppose (see the location under his avatar). If somebody doesn't know: The "CH" in "V4 CH" means Switzerland. It's a variant, which has been developed and build for Swiss police.

Also, it would be very interesting to know the specific trigger pull weight for your P30. A Lyman digital scale is an inexpensive way to measure, and any gunsmith should have one.
I've measured the trigger pull weight of my P30 V4 CH with the Lyman digital scale: 2630 g = 5.80 lb

My P30 has been converted by HK in Oberndorf from V2 to V4 CH. I live in Germany. Here, the P30 comes with a test target, too.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,804 Posts
I just measured the test target included with my HK P30. I measured 4cm ( 1.574 inch).
Is this a tight grouping? And my second question is about the version. Its labeled P30-V4 CH-BL.
And do you think its ok to shoot +p+ rounds? The manual says no i saw that. But if a glock can, i guess the P30 also right?
Thanks for any help in advance.
The US (HK Inc.) specifically does not provide test fire targets with HK guns delivered in the US and have not since the early 1990's and even earlier with some guns. Folks complained that their gun did not shoot as well as other (their buddies) and wanted an exchange or would want to hand pick the "best" shooter. You can imagine the mess that makes for HK and the dealers. Thing is with the handguns all are test fired by hand from a sandbag rest and according to the HK Technical Terms of Delivery must group within a given size circle at 25 meters using a 6 o'clock hold on the target. Thus it is not an example of best accuracy but zeroing.
Assuming your target was the typical 10-shot group at 25 meters that is excellent for a combat handgun and "range" (ball) ammo. Typical US federal agency supported hand fired accuracy requirements generally run under 3 inches at 25 meters range.

Follow the manual but no one can tell if a gun was fired with +P+ ammo. It's not that the gun will not handle that type of ammo (in reasonable qty's) but there are no European specs for that ammo so what are you allowing if there is no common definition for the ammo? I suspect you will see US VP9 manual updates permitting +P+ in the US.

Is your target marked "Pixa" in the shooter line? If so he has been THE HK pistol shooter during final pistol assembly for decades. Does it all by hand and without glasses! He is kind of a celebrity in Oberndorf.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx

Yes its from Switzerland. I did not know they are a kind unique to Switzerland.
For me its a more practical trigger than the one in my old USP 45 Single/Double action.
Thanx for all replies. Awesome forum.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,022 Posts
@G3 - thanks for the insights !

None of my HKs came with a test target. In fact - my only handgun which came with a test target was a Wilson 1911. Unless a manufacturer gives an "accuracy guarantee" .... I don't see much need for a test target.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.