HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered my first HK, a P30sk v3. A friend owns a VP9 and I got to wondering what is the difference between the VP9 and the P30?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
So I just ordered my first HK, a P30sk v3. A friend owns a VP9 and I got to wondering what is the difference between the VP9 and the P30?
Yes, look at the website... long story short... P30 series is hammer-fired, VP series is striker-fired. VP9 is a little bigger than a P30, but shorter than a P30L (was my first pistol)... the P30sk is way smaller naturally. The P30 pistols come in multiple trigger variants while there are no factory trigger variants in the VP series.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The two major differences: the VP9 is a striker-fired pistol, the P30SK V3 is a hammer-fired double-action/single action pistol; the P30SK is a sub-compact gun (the "full-size" P30 is comparable in size to the VP9). The different trigger systems lead to substantially different internal design and manual of arms.

Judging from the question, it would be useful for you to do some Googling for pictures, as well as for descriptions of the differences between striker and hammer-fired if that isn't clear to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts