HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having difficulty getting my FSC91 to time correctly on my G3k. I can get it close, but the set screw will only fit in a notch just off to either side of TDC. To ensure its on good. I put a crapload of Rockset, and could get it off, but I would like to be able to get this thing timed without having it pinned since it is a SBR.

What is going to be the best way to do this. The following picture is a still of a video shot, which shows the timing issue.

Oh, And here is a video of it in action on the 2nd mag through her. Shooting some wolf steel case. Had one FTF that fired next time, and some sort of Failure to feed error, nothing big. This cleared up during the day. This was my first time taking it out other than Ghillies test shots. I have only put about 100 rounds through her, so I have not broken her in yet.

**I do not know how to embed**

H&K G3K clone A3 stock - YouTube

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same issue on a C93 and rectified it by just touching the bottom of the brake with an endmill to allow it to clock properly when tight. If the G3K brake also bottoms out against the barrel it should work the same. Shims didn't seem like an option for me and I thought this was a better option than removing material from the barrel.

·
Vendor
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To get timing correct, Im not near bottoming out, can be as far as 180+ Degrees.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Try using a crush washer to get it to time correctly. I'm assuming you are using shims to put it on now?

·
Vendor
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not but that wont change where the set screw rests. The brake doesn't have flats but I could use a screwdriver to torque it down an rock set it.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
I had the same issue on a C93 and rectified it by just touching the bottom of the brake with an endmill to allow it to clock properly when tight.
Listen to this guy... this is how it's properly done. No warshers to lose... just crank it on and go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts