HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got the money ready. The thing is, I want a decent deal and don't want to be paying anywhere near 800-1000$ on it. Locally, it's hard finding a USPc!

I want a USPc in stainless. However, finding a USPc in 9mm stainless is harder than i thought. I find it rare to find one at a decent deal (even if they are available at all). In this case, I could just settle and maybe get a 9mm USPc in black. (maybe off cdnn 763$)

Other route: I can just get a brand new USPc in .40 sw off of cdnn (750$). But then i would be opting for the 40 sw round(I havent used this caliber in compact handguns). How much more snappier is it compared to the full size? Anyone oppose/dislike the 40 sw caliber in the USPc? I guess I can make the decision a lot easier if i just shot the USPc 40 sw but no one around me has one!

What would you do if you were in my case? Feel free to point out any important points for picking one or the other!

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I would go USP Compact 9mm in blue. Bought one about a year ago on gunbroker.com for $650/free shipping. Be patient, they show up for those kind of prices. Good place is also here on the For Sale Forum. 9mm ammo is also more afforable and easier to shoot well. I would avoid the .40sw unless youre an experienced shooter, and know what to expect, in the USP Compact, the .40sw is 'interesting'.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with Kost, there's some good deals to be had for a USPc 9. I'm currently looking for a 9 myself to keep my USPc45 some company.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I love buying 'gently used' HK's, if I was looking for another USP Compact, I would move fast on the one in Colorado for $660, thats $100 less than CDNN and end my search, MSRP is $941 for a blue USP Compact 9mm

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have a stainless USPc 9mm and a black one. You can find some good buy's. It took me along time to get my stainless c, good luck I see Kost is on to some already..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kost, thanks for taking the time out to find these deals! I might settle for the colorado one if I'm unable to find a stainless uspC in 9mm. Do you think you can work your magic and find a stainless?! Is a blue USP the same as their "HE (hostile environment finish?)

Also, how safe is it to order from private individuals via shipping? Is money order the safest way? I've never done an online transaction for firearms so I'm not sure how it exactly works if I buy from an individual. I'm so hesitate with doing online deals because I'm scared of being scammed so I ended up resorting to local finds which makes my choices very limited.

DeeHKMan, how much did you pay for your stainless?

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Use the search engines, takes time to find the right deal on the right pistol. Nothing wrong with a blue one, it can always be hard chromed later if youre really stuck on a white finish. Not bad mouthing the stainless, I have some myself, I like the hard chrome finish better tho. =)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'd buy a used police-issued USPC. Police pistols define "carried but never shot." I picked up a Beretta M92G late last year with crappy grips (from the seat belt buckle) but otherwise is like-new condition. USP lacks a separate grip panel so keep this mind.

USPS Money Order is the ONLY way I'd accept payment for a firearm unless face-to-face. I've never had an issue dealing with folks on this and several other forums. While waiting for one from a buyer a few years ago I enquired when it was coming. He remarked he's deposited it my my Paypal account and considerately put "Beretta Pistol" in the remarks section. Paypal seized my account with them for fraud and it took nearly a year to get my money. I never, ever use Paypal.

I have one (1) stainless pistol. On the North Coast it hasn't proven any better in environmental protection than my blued or coated pistols. Sure looks pretty, though. Harder to clean because it shows every spec of dirt.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
kost, thanks for taking the time out to find these deals! I might settle for the colorado one if I'm unable to find a stainless uspC in 9mm. Do you think you can work your magic and find a stainless?! Is a blue USP the same as their "HE (hostile environment finish?)

Also, how safe is it to order from private individuals via shipping? Is money order the safest way? I've never done an online transaction for firearms so I'm not sure how it exactly works if I buy from an individual. I'm so hesitate with doing online deals because I'm scared of being scammed so I ended up resorting to local finds which makes my choices very limited.

DeeHKMan, how much did you pay for your stainless?
I made a trade for it. I was looking for one a very long time.I also have a new black one i got before the price's went up. I can post a pic. of my stainless only if you want to see one close up. But the black would serve you very well. I carry mine everyday. I'll do some searching for one for you.

Here is one that has some holster wear but does not look to me like it's been shot alot. A very good one to watch.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275096807

Here is a like new HK P2000 9mm like new with holster for $700. I PM'ed him some question's i'll PM you back
http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/sh...=h-26amp-3bk-p2000-9mm-lnib-w-2fholster&cat=5

·
Registered
765 Posts
Other route: I can just get a brand new USPc in .40 sw off of cdnn (750$). But then i would be opting for the 40 sw round(I havent used this caliber in compact handguns). How much more snappier is it compared to the full size? Anyone oppose/dislike the 40 sw caliber in the USPc?
P2000 is essentially the same gun as the USPc, just more "ergonomic". I dare you to try to count the number of shooters toting and lauding the P2000 in 40. You'll run out of fingers and toes very quickly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Everyone on here are telling you some good advice. Take your time and look, you can find the deals. I paid 649 for my new in box uppc stainless 9, 700 for a like new in box uspc stainless 45 face to face. so timing is everything. I personally own a uspc 40 and had a p2000 in 40, i didnt find the uspc 40 any more difficult or painful to shoot compared to the uspc 45. If you can look and find one from 550-600 get it if it is in good condition.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like to take a good amount of inexperienced girls out to the range one at a time to allow them the opportunity to have a safe journey into the shooting realm.

I'll always bring a good array of the different platforms I have... a couple mags on each - nice and slow.
Start them out with the P30 9mm, which they take to quite well, nice soft shooter and then jump right into the HK 45ct, which is also a nice pleasant shooter. Drop them into the USPc 45 SS - again nothing overwhelming in the experience. I then hand them the P30 .40 and or USPc .40. None of them ever want to run through the entire mag with the .40 cal.... It def presents a much more aggressiveness compared to either the other rounds - it packs a punch.

I honestly don't have any issues with the .40 round and if your anything of a man with a spine and not a jellyfish its no big deal. If you still possess your testicles you'll be fine IMO - If you have to dig them outta your wifes purse, perhaps the other calibers will be more geared for you.

A few of the
preferred the USPc 45 over the P30 9mm, which is surprising to me... But it is an awesome machine to me. None of these fine specimens appreciated the size of the full size 45 tac.... :) no problem I'll take that from you.

Just thought I'd toss out a representation of a question that wasn't really touched upon in your first post. I tend to have a love for each and every one of them, they all are very deserving of my affection - my children... :)

BTW, what is your location - perhaps someone would be able to oblige in your trial of the various round platforms...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd buy a used police-issued USPC. Police pistols define "carried but never shot." I picked up a Beretta M92G late last year with crappy grips (from the seat belt buckle) but otherwise is like-new condition. USP lacks a separate grip panel so keep this mind.

-- Chuck
I second this. I have two LEO trade-in USPc9s, Both have been fantastic. The only cosmetic issue is holster wear on the slides, but I actually like the way HK finishes wear -- the bronze streaks make the gun look "tougher" IMHO. And considering the service intervals of HKs, I don't see too much of an issue buying an older used gun. Also, keep in mind that LEO depts often have armorers and/or service contracts with HK, so these trade-ins have probably been correctly maintained.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If you are interested in a USPc .45 in stainless let me know. A local shop has a really clean one for about $700.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didnt know a USPc 40 would be more snappier than a USPc in .45 I've always dismissed the compact .45 because i was worried my shot placements would be terrible with a higher caliber in a compact. What do you guys think managing the .45 on the uspc? obviously, the 9mm will have less recoil but is it a big difference?

·
Registered
904 Posts
USPc 45, love it... very accurate and reliable. As stated above, there is very little difference in felt recoil between the 9mm and the .45.
The one girl I brought to the range was seriously afraid I was going to put a weapon in her hand that would rip her hand off... Not the case with either, very close in performance.

9mm will definately be cheaper to feed.

I totally overlooked and underestimated the USP series, never putting a USPc in my paw, but once I did and shot them I was sold... Now I have a few of them. Couldn't just stop with 1... :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts