HKPRO Forums banner

Disappointed in P2000SK/Insight X2L laser combo

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  MaverickH1 
#1 ·
Went to the range yesterday to sight in the Insight X2L Laser/Light. I know the pistol is dead on and very accurate. I then sighted in the Laser manually and witness it to the iron sights. The first shot with the laser was dead on then after a few shots the laser was off. I played this scenario for a half hour when I realized that after a few shots the light shifted on the frame very slightly. I then took my Glock out and put the X2L on that and it's rock solid with zero movement. The laser held a zero while on the Glock. I then put the X2L back on the HKP2000SK and confirmed a slight movement which through the laser off a few inches on the target. I found yet another reason to go back to my Glock. I am becoming very disappointed in the P2000SK the more I shoot it and carry it.

#3 ·
No, because the Laser/Light is rock solid on my Glock frame and not on the HK frame. I paid heluv a lot of money for the HK and expect the molded frame rails to be just as tight as my Glock frame rails. I also have been disappointed in the DA and the rubber tip hammer. I had to remove the rubber tip of the hammer. At first I saw no problem with it, that was until during some quick draws the rubber end got caught on my shirt. I was hoping for the DA to smooth out and it never has.

#5 ·
I "tried on" the X2L on my P2000SK in a shop yesterday, but did not shoot with it.

I liked the rocker switch, easily accessible by index finger when properly gripped. Quick bursts, or constant-on. Very intuitive and comfortable.

I was disappointed in the quality of the light. The beam was not really as good as I was expecting. I'm not saying it has to be like a Surefire G2-LED, but definitely has to be better than what it is.

Another disappointment was the fact that you can use light+laser, or just light, but NOT just laser. That really makes no sense to me.

I had been thinking about getting one, but these shortcomings combined with the relatively steep price have made me think twice.

#6 ·
You can't use just the laser on the X2L? Wow, Insight really didn't think that one through.

I have found Insight lights to be quality products. I own a M3 and have no complaints about it. The M6X I play with is laser only capable and lives life in the fast lane on a full-auto only UZI using a TDI Arms bayonet rail mount. However, the M3 and M6 are way too big for the little SK.

#11 ·
I returned mine. I have a feeling the X2 was made for glocks. I had the same issue on my P2000sk and a friend's sig. There's a little play and if your rounds hit hard like 146gr rounds, it would actually turn the damn switch off! So I wound up returning it. It's a poorly made accessory - it's not the gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.