HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it? I watched a few videos but can’t find any that show the process with great detail. I may have to replace the hammer spring in mine so trying to get enough info and courage to try it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Push out the hammer axle pin and the hammer will come out under spring pressure. Switch the spring and push back in. Most here recommend a vise to hold the pack as a 3rd hand. I just lay the pin up on the table and push against the table. The rifle springs are easier because are shorter. Why are you changing springs?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had a MP5 built and the builder suggested maybe changing it out based on the pack I sent him with my parts kit. So I may take the spring out and examine it visually.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
I just had a MP5 built and the builder suggested maybe changing it out based on the pack I sent him with my parts kit. So I may take the spring out and examine it visually.
If you decide to replace the spring you might consider this one. It is a more versatile one in that
it works for multiple calibers. While the title says burst paks it will work in non burst paks as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts