HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Bought it NIB in september 2011. It is almost as if the finish is wearing away, which i would expect over time, but not in 4 months.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I thought the P30 had a metal safety lever. Are you talking about the slide lock levers? If so then that's normal. I've had 3 HK45c's and a P2000 and the slide lock levers started to turn bronze and orangeish like along the points where my gun contacted the kydex holster.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The safety levers on my p30 are metal and yea, the discoloration is only on the safety i use and that sits against the case when inside. The opposite side is like new. Pics for example, first is the discolored second is the "new"side.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now dont get me wrong i completely understand it means nothing and it is 100% asthetic, do they use a different finish on the levers than the slide?

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
My P30S.40 looks the same. It is due to the hardness of the metal and the inability of the finish to penetrate the hardness. Very similar to the slide releases and extractors on the P30, P2000, and HK 45 Series of pistols. Very normal.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the metal to hard for THAT finish but not all finishes?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I never knew the LS had plastic levers,..Are they shaped like the USP OR HK45 levers??? Would you mind posting a picture?
My sincere apologies, I was incorrect. The lever is indeed metal. I never use it, and just rest my thumb there. It's Sí thin and flimsily looking, I just thought it was plastic.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What?

Slide and levers are not made with same metal I believe.
I mean is it just the certain finish that hk uses which ends up doing that? has anyone had the slide levers or safties redone in a different finish that wont do this?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well, good thing i have no safety lever on my P30 :wink: lol

·
Banned
188 Posts
Well, good thing i have no safety lever on my P30 :wink: lol
10-4 :wink: Safeties are for the birds (unless it's part of the decocker)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Mhmmmm

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like having it for condition 1 but as you said I would definetly prefer the decocker on the safety lever.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My P30 is the same way and its only been around for about a month. I looked them up on HK Parts and there not that expensive to replace.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not worried about it enough to warrant buying new ones. Maybe once it gets bad enough ill send out the slide levers and safties for black nickel plating

1 - 20 of 28 Posts