HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello H&K Fanboys....I've never really been one for Brand loyalty but after laying out a chunk of hard earnd cash for a new-to-me P7M13 thought I'd join up here and learn any hidden sources you'all have for accessories for this pistol.

I really hope to get a threaded barrel and suppress it..apparently there are some threads for me to read on the subject.

Also, I'm Gulaged in the Glorious Democratic Peoples Republic of Maryland-istan and all of it's hinkey gun laws so the forum I spend the most time on is dedicated to our particular plight as gun owners in Maryland.

Well I'm off to research suppressing the P7....anyone with suggestions of threads I should read on the subject or links to resources, please link them in...

Cheers

sombeach

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Congrats on the purchase also a MDer. P7 are said to be poor suppressor hosts, I've never tried. Also, changing the barrel to a threaded one is not something your everyday gunsmith can do. you need special tools. On the note of the barrel good luck finding a factory threaded. Your best bet is to send it to a company to ext. and thread your current barrel

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Last i heard they were sent back to Germany. We'll see. As far as suppressing goes , I think of 2 things. A fluted chamber which will give you a face full of blowback but importantly dumping all that crap on 50 some odd rare parts that are hard to get to on a good day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
There was a thread a while back by a German exporter gauging interest in a run of threaded P7M8/M13 barrels and at the time I considered picking one or two up but some due diligence made me decide otherwise. The issues already stated are valid. Additionally, P7s are dirty shooters to begin with, I don't want to imagine cleaning one after a few hundred suppressed rounds. My advice: get a different HK to suppress, a VP9 tac or USPt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd have to concur with everything being said on here. However it is your gun and I suggest you do what you want with it, regardless. Congrats and enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts