HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HK Pro'ers -

I'm looking for some help on this gun- I have a DJ Getz Reverse Stretch Pistol made around 2010ish it was a group buy gun on here, and I would like to get your thoughts - most likely I am going to sell this as barreled upper receiver disclosing all the issues or potential issues to the next owner, or send it to PCS to fix it, and stamp it after a decade of not shooting it.

Right now the gun runs, but I wouldn't bet my life on it, it has some failures to extract at times.

Issues -
1) Bolt Gap - measures - 0.54mm/0.022in - is this too much for rollers?

1a) Locking Piece - right now it's a 16 - 110 degree - Dakota suggests a 90 degree, and MP5K+Stock+Can is a 80 degree - any issues going to a 80 degree if it's 50/50 unsuppressed? Primary diet is 115 grain (whatever I can find it's 2020)

2) Shelf measures high - 1.33" -it's a smidge high think this is enough to cause issues?

3) Barrel Press - Unknown maybe this is me being doom and gloom - but that bolt gap makes me nervous that a repress is in order. I have read threads that some DJ Getz guns require this - is it a common issue?

Thanks for your help and opinions on this gun, what would you do.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
HK Pro'ers -

I'm looking for some help on this gun- I have a DJ Getz Reverse Stretch Pistol made around 2010ish it was a group buy gun on here, and I would like to get your thoughts - most likely I am going to sell this as barreled upper receiver disclosing all the issues or potential issues to the next owner, or send it to PCS to fix it, and stamp it after a decade of not shooting it.

Right now the gun runs, but I wouldn't bet my life on it, it has some failures to extract at times.

Issues -
1) Bolt Gap - measures - 0.54mm/0.022in - is this too much for rollers?

1a) Locking Piece - right now it's a 16 - 110 degree - Dakota suggests a 90 degree, and MP5K+Stock+Can is a 80 degree - any issues going to a 80 degree if it's 50/50 unsuppressed? Primary diet is 115 grain (whatever I can find it's 2020)

2) Shelf measures high - 1.33" -it's a smidge high think this is enough to cause issues?

3) Barrel Press - Unknown maybe this is me being doom and gloom - but that bolt gap makes me nervous that a repress is in order. I have read threads that some DJ Getz guns require this - is it a common issue?

Thanks for your help and opinions on this gun, what would you do.
1: Bolt gap whille over spec, isn't a real problem since the MP5s dont actually lock in the chamber like a 33 or G3. You can go to some -2 or -4 rollers to bring the gap back down to under the 0.020 max if you want. If it was any higher it would be more of a concern. Having the gap around 0.022 is giving the gun a little extra life rather than setting the gap at something like 0.010 new. The gap will shrink some over time with usage. -2 should bring your gap down to 0.44mm or 0.017

2: I'll check my locking piece with my DJ reverse stretch. Ive ran mine suppressed and non suppressed with the OEM locking piece and no issues. I primarily run standard and Nato spec 124gr 9mm and 147gr subs. If you are going to change the locking piece, check the bolt gap again after switching as the LP can change the gap slightly.

3: Shelf: It may be slightly high, I think DJ 94 is as well. Rather than file on the shelf or receiver, file the trigger housing if you have a dedicated one for the gun. As long as the trigger frame doesn't droop down or is smashed super tight to the receiver where it can cause the ejector to rub the bolt head or be too low and not get a firm ejection it will be fine. Dave would typically touch up frames to each gun for ideal fit. When a lot of the SEF frames were clipped, they were left long to be filed to each gun rather than let them possibly hang too low.

4: Barrel. Again change the rollers and/or locking piece first before thinking of re-pressing the barrel unless it means that much to you to have 8mm rollers and the gap at or under 0.020. Its your money and you can do it, but unnecessary at this point.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
3: Shelf: It may be slightly high, I think DJ 94 is as well. Rather than file on the shelf or receiver, file the trigger housing if you have a dedicated one for the gun. As long as the trigger frame doesn't droop down or is smashed super tight to the receiver where it can cause the ejector to rub the bolt head or be too low and not get a firm ejection it will be fine. Dave would typically touch up frames to each gun for ideal fit. When a lot of the SEF frames were clipped, they were left long to be filed to each gun rather than let them possibly hang too low.
I'd try this. I swapped out a different pack in mine and had some play compared to the one my DJ Getz came with. I had a lot failures to feed until I switched back to my original. The rollers may help as well. I'll check to see the bolt gap on mine and report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts