HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to run them last weekend at the Marietta shoot. I received one in the white and one blued. Look just like the real thing with one exception. The laser welding joining the halves are outstanding. I didn't even realize what I was looking at until a couple days after the shoot and noticed a bit of sweat rust on the unfinished mag. I ran an oiled fine ScotchBrite pad over the mag and noticed the welding... wow.

Anyhow...

The mags work as advertised. I ran the mags through my HK-34 (SW-5) and Mike G's CA-89 pistole (with one of my sear packs inside) and both mags performed well. Both mags locked up tight in both guns and released handily. No problems noted at all. Even had guests come in to shoot and didn't bother telling them about the mags... just let them load the gun and shoot. Nobody bobbled anything and the guests knew no difference, other than the fact they just shot a machinegun. Even my C-3 Rapidloader system fit on the mags nice and tight and the mags loaded up without incident in the usual 2-3 seconds. More pics to come...

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Same results here. I initially tried then in my SW5 and HK 94. They work perfectly in both guns. That surprised me because my SW5 can be picky about mags. Anyway, I shot several mags in semi auto. They work just fine. Just like factory.

That was last weekend. A few nights ago, I tried them in my CA 89 with sear in the PDW form. They ran flawlessly. I tried both full metal jacketed rounds and hollow points.

After that, I took them apart to make sure they weren't using HK parts in them. The parts look very similar especially the follower but it is obviously made of slightly thicker steel and not identical to the HK follower. Not sure who's spring they are using.

Anyway, they are very nice mags and seem to work just like the factory ones.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yeah, hey, um, info?!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Yeah, hey, um, info?!
I think he's been working on them for a while. Getting ready to introduce them to the market, I suppose.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Um hmm. I had heard tale of 10, 20 and 30 rounders. Can anyone confirm? DJ?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
shattered & retro,
Glad they worked well for you at your MG shoot. I said you would be pleased with these! These will be available real soon. As soon as we get caught up with production & have all our hard costs in, then I can let you know how many & how much etc. Initially inventory looks like 10, 15 & 30 rounders. Then 20's & 40's to follow soon after. All final production mags should be sodium nitride treated instead of blued. Which is super nice. I'll keep you posted as I know more.
Dj

1 - 20 of 46 Posts