HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question has anyone had this done?? If you have who did you use?

I don't wanna hear your unfounded opinion i simply don't care...

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are only a couple places you would even be able to get it done...... not many do DLC, I checked into it alot when I got a Kahr pm9. There is a place up in oregon that is said by many people to do great work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't know there was downloadable content for HKs.
har har har

There are only a couple places you would even be able to get it done...... not many do DLC, I checked into it alot when I got a Kahr pm9. There is a place up in oregon that is said by many people to do great work.
There's more then a couple places.... DLC is huge outside of the fire arms world see the little pin guy in the photo

Don Williams is building me a heavily modified custom MK II Hi-Power. We are using the IonBond Diamond Black to refinish the project. He is having Springer Precision do the work. Gun Gallery :: Springer Precision
I'd be interested in seeing how this comes out

·
Registered
742 Posts
Simple question has anyone had this done?? If you have who did you use?

I don't wanna hear your unfounded opinion i simply don't care...
Had 1911s done in Titanium Aluminum Nitride (Molecular Metallurgy, Inc.) and Tungsten Diamond Like Carbon (Ionbond).

Putting either on your HK (or GLOCK would be great as they have a nitrocarburized surface.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I heard springer does great work

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've had a number of pistols and gun parts DLC coated by IonBond...including an Hk Mark 23, and I'm getting ready to have my P30 slides and barrels finished by them. I really like IonBond's DLC finish...it's very very durable, looks great, holds oil well, and doesn't mess up tolerances. I'd say it's my favorite black finish for firearms.

A few years ago, anyone could send in guns/parts straight to IonBond for their DLC finish, but I think their primary channel to the firearms industry is now Springer Precision, as stated above. Springer's website has a work-order form you can fill out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had a number of pistols and gun parts DLC coated by IonBond...including an Hk Mark 23, and I'm getting ready to have my P30 slides and barrels finished by them. I really like IonBond's DLC finish...it's very very durable, looks great, holds oil well, and doesn't mess up tolerances. I'd say it's my favorite black finish for firearms.

A few years ago, anyone could send in guns/parts straight to IonBond for their DLC finish, but I think their primary channel to the firearms industry is now Springer Precision, as stated above. Springer's website has a work-order form you can fill out.
Thanks for all the feedback guys not sure with who what or when i will be going with still waiting to hear back from some of my motorsports contacts....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts