HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Guys I've had my PTR-91 GI model for some time now. It has a Bill Springfield magazine lever install, HK wide forearm, and some other things I added to make it into a G3A3 "clone" or as close as I could realistically get. I love the rifle, but I want to take it to the next level and turn it into a DMR style weapon.

So I would like to add an HK style folding bipod to the wide handguards. This handguard is a true HK one, not a POF etc. I noticed this bipod for sale on Robert RTG:

HK Bipod for HK91 G3 HK93 HK33 PTR91, Wide Handguard Mounted Light Steel Bipod, HKK-1185, RTG PARTS

I don't think this is a real HK bipod, it's far less expensive. It is though advertised to be "much better" than the POF made bipods... guys I'd like to know if this bipod is good to go. I don't need the world's best bipod, but do want a decent and serviceable HK style that will attach to my HK made wide handguard.

Now for an optic. I have been seeing some lightly used looking (I assume milsurp) Hensoldt ZF 4x24 German army G3 scope for sale out there with the included claw mount and carrying case. I am wondering, what's a good price for one? I noticed most HK parts stores online are sold out of these scopes. But, I was able to find some for sale on eBay with the seller being in Germany. Any tips/tricks for these scopes? Anything I need to watch out for when ordering? They seems to be going for anywhere between $499-$699.

I am just looking to kit out my rifle in the classic HK G3 "DMR" style, a "DMR-91" if you will! Guys this is the look I'm going for:

Please advise me on the quality of the bipod in the link above and some info on the Hensoldt scopes. Thanks so much yall and it's good to be back at HK forums!! :D

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hi Earl,

Long time no see...

The most usable mod will be a good trigger job. The forend & bipod is a good call, too.

The heavy buffer & 21 buttpad make life a bit more pleasant as well.

If you are shooting prone, you won't need a cheek riser. Sitting at a bench, maybe so.

DG

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, gang.

I am just wondering if that bipod is of decent quality? It does not appear to be a real HK pod... but it isn't priced like one, either. The HK one cost many dollars.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have one, and don't have any complaints about quality, I don't know how an Hk made bipod would be any better, there really isn't much to them. YMMV

Also keep in mind, these bipods were made to be used in field conditions, so they're a little tall for a bench. Once again, YMMV

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one, and don't have any complaints about quality, I don't know how an Hk made bipod would be any better, there really isn't much to them. YMMV

Also keep in mind, these bipods were made to be used in field conditions, so they're a little tall for a bench. Once again, YMMV
Thanks! I'll go ahead and snatch one up.

I am still looking for input on the Hensoldt scope. I am looking for an optic that will get me effective range to 500 meters or so, I don't expect or need anything better. How is the quality of the Hensoldt G3 scope? Are they durable and long lasting? It would complete my little German DMR setup but I need to know if they are any good or not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bought that bipod guys. I didn't want it to go out of stock. For God's sake, PLEASE let me know about the Hensoldt scopes. Tax return season is right around the corner! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Earl,
I just ordered the same bipod from RTG.

Can you provide further info on your views for quality, fit, finish?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I bought the bipod and while I have never handled an actual HK version this one seems to be ok. Goes on and off easily and the legs lock up solid. It's too tall for bench shooting and I rarely shoot prone anymore though so I decided I didn't want the extra weight up there and it sits in my safe for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts