HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do hi-cap mags exist for the USPc 45? I have heard rumors of 10 round mags, but I have never seen any for sale. If the mags are for sale, are they HK factory mags? If anyone knows where I could buy a few I would appreciate a link or phone number. Thanks!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Don't know if there are any currently. But I know that the HK45 Compact (whenever it will be out) will have flush fitting 10-rd mags that are USPc .45 mags basically. Those 10-rd HK45C mags should be backwards compatible to the USPc .45's.

<<<<My sig/avatar is a pic of the HK45 Compact w/ 10-rd mags

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
How badly you want some? If you have more money than since you can make them. You take two 8 round mags. Cut the top off one right at where the taper ends and have it TIG welded to the bottom of another mag. Grind off the ears of the top mag before welding. Clean up the welds inside and out and add a 170 mm STI spring and for about $100 total you have a 12 round mag. Useless as tits on a boar hog but you have your "high" cap that sticks way the hell out the bottom of the gun making it about as "compact" as a Mark 23.
And I apologize to those who are as sick of seeing these pics as I am of posting them, but until the search feature is used more I guess I will have to keep posting them.

This is what it looks like when done to USP 10 round mags which yield a 17 round mag, but the process is the same with the Compact .45 mags.

Again, do these conversions ONLY if you have more money than since. They work fine but are totally useless.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Very impressive Big Bore. Your expertise on the HK line of firearms seems unrivaled.

Have you considered selling these mags?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Not a chance. One would have to charge at least $125 each just to make up for the time you spend cleaning up the welds and refinishing. I really do not think there would be a market big enough to make it worth the effort. They are not hard to make yourself but you do need to find someone who can cut them square and TIG weld. The rest is done with a Dremmel and file and some Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II matte black. Brownells also sells the STI 170 mm spring needed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want them that bad lol. I did try to search for hicap uspc and hi-cap uspc and I wasnt able to come up with anything, not sure what I did wrong. I was thinking of something more along the lines of the 12 round mags that sit flush in the uspf 45 just like the 10 round mags do. Im actually surprised nothing was marketed like that since so many departments seem to issue the uspc series and they always like capacity.

Anyway, thanks for the answer, which in my case is a no since I just want factory mags that sit flush.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's the dimensions (width mostly) of the frame and the length of the mags that determine their capacity. It isn't like HK settled on 8 and then left a bunch of air at the bottom of the mag.

That's why I'm really not a fan of the USPc .45, it loses 4 rounds over the full-size. The USPc .40 only gives up 1 round over the full-size.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The 10 round HK45 mags will not fit flush in the USPC either. They will either stick out the bottom a half-inch or so or even with the adapter on the mag so it fits the HK45C they will still extend the grip by about a half-inch.
However, IMO if you cannot get the job done in 9 rounds it is very unlikely any more rounds is going to change the situation any. I've carried for over 25 years and so far, knock on wood, I would have been served equally well with a single shot as I would have been with my 5 shot revolvers or 9 round USPC .45. And I would still have had ammo to spare. Stats show most civilian involved shootings are over with 3 shots fired. You either win or lose in those three shots so it is up to you to make sure you win. Otherwise it won't matter how many rounds are left in your firearm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts