HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Took a GSG522 carbine, added extension to charging rod area, added the SD silencer shroud and G3 green furniture

I also have a wood set for it

Comments welcome

·
Registered
56 Posts
For what it's worth, I'll probably be getting a .22LR conversion kit for my PTR91 whenever I finally pick one up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You should call it a GSG HK34 clone
DSC03449.jpg hk34v3-1_copy.jpg

·
Registered
539 Posts
A 32 would be a 7.62x39mm your gun still has a 9mm size mag well so it should end with a 4. 1 means 308, 2 means 7.62x39mm, 3 means 223, 4 means 9mm. This is what the second number in the model number means

·
Registered
122 Posts
At one point I was thinking of building one using a 91 flat, the bolt and mags from a conversion kit, and a custom barrel. Then I thought about how much 7.62x51 ammo I could buy with that cash and cooled off on the whole idea :wink:

·
Registered
10,256 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
At one point I was thinking of building one using a 91 flat, the bolt and mags from a conversion kit, and a custom barrel. Then I thought about how much 7.62x51 ammo I could buy with that cash and cooled off on the whole idea :wink:
No custom barrel needed, use an HK270 barrel. Needs some pretty basic machine work, and a bushing to fit the trunnion, but nothing major.
Extractor cuts are the same. Press the bushing in first so you get an accurate diameter of what the 270 barrel needs to be turned down to. Pressing it in so the extractor cuts are horizontal is probably the hardest part.

Comparison between 270 barrel and G3 .22 insert:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts