HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that the P30's are showing up I'm starting to get the itch for one. I've got a P7 PSP, P7M8, USPc, P2000 and P2000SK all in 9mm. Since the USPc and P2000 both fit my hand like a glove. Would it be worth it to trade one of these in and get the P30 or should I just stick to what I have? I haven't been able to hold one yet, so since I'd be ordering online...how much bigger is the P30 than the P2000? Prolly end up keeping them and getting the P30 anyways....I need help, I'm addicted to HK's.:eek:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Face it, any one of the 5 HK pistols you have would be all you need. All of them are great weapons and work well. The P30 is a want. It's basically an up[dated P2000 right? I don't have enough time to shoot all of the pistols I own. A P30 would be window dressing... for close to $800. I'm holding off.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Oh boy, did you pick the wrong site to help with a HK addiction. Myself I would keep what I had and save up for the P30. But that is just me:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok now that the P30's are showing up I'm starting to get the itch for one. I've got a P7 PSP, P7M8, USPc, P2000 and P2000SK all in 9mm. Since the USPc and P2000 both fit my hand like a glove. Would it be worth it to trade one of these in and get the P30 or should I just stick to what I have? I haven't been able to hold one yet, so since I'd be ordering online...how much bigger is the P30 than the P2000? Prolly end up keeping them and getting the P30 anyways....I need help, I'm addicted to HK's.:eek:
You know you need one hkuspc9!
Just slip the credit card out of the wife's purse.
She keeps them because you can't be trusted not to visit the Online gun stores while holding them.:D

Just kidding my friend! I would love to have one also.
I'm trying to hold out for the HK45!

·
Registered
311 Posts
It seems to me owning both a P2000 and a P30 would be redundant, as they are very similar in the same caliber. I would choose the P30 over the P2000. If you already own a P2000 I would sell it a replace it with a P30.

However, I do find both the P2000 and the P30 both not optimum in size. They are a bit too large for CC, yet somewhat short for target/range work. As such, I won't be buying a P30 unless they come out with the "L" longer version here in the states. The L version should make a pretty nice range gun.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
It seems to me owning both a P2000 and a P30 would be redundant, as they are very similar in the same caliber.

Blasphemy! How can you use the word redundant as pertaining to HK handguns? Each one is different. Take my 2 P7M13s for example - they have different serial numbers, so each one is an individual.

And with tongue firmly planted in cheek:

I have 3 daughters. They're each 2 years apart, so they are also very similar and of the same caliber. I wouldn't sell one of them any more than one of my HKs. :150000:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Blasphemy! How can you use the word redundant as pertaining to HK handguns? Each one is different. Take my 2 P7M13s for example - they have different serial numbers, so each one is an individual.

I have 3 daughters. They're each 2 years apart, so they are also very similar and of the same caliber. I wouldn't sell one of them any more than one of my HKs. :150000:

Well said AviatorDave! I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, go to bed tonight knowing that at the Amarillo Gun Show tomorrow, there will be one with your name on it.
Wish I could just have picked one up today, I'm still deployed in Iraq at the moment though....I'm be home in 3 weeks to pick one up though.

I have 3 daughters. They're each 2 years apart, so they are also very similar and of the same caliber. I wouldn't sell one of them any more than one of my HKs.
hahahaha...very good point....when my girlfriend asks why I needed another HK 9mm this is the response I'm going with...THANKS! :D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Wish I could just have picked one up today, I'm still deployed in Iraq at the moment though....I'm be home in 3 weeks to pick one up though.

hahahaha...very good point....when my girlfriend asks why I needed another HK 9mm this is the response I'm going with...THANKS! :D
:380: Just make sure she knows about you having three daughters before saying that. Wouldn't that be a good honey I'm home conversation to have.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts

hahaha. Some people work on permission receiving abilities. I work on my forgiveness receiving abilities. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts

Thanks for serving. You deserve a reward. Now go get a P30 when you get back home. Till then, be safe.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thanks for serving. You deserve a reward. Now go get a P30 when you get back home. Till then, be safe.
Amen to that. I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but since we're thanking people for serving - I was at Sea World San Antonio for the 2nd time in 2 or 3 years last weekend - just like the previous time I was there, at the Shamu show, they had all former and current military members stand up to receive a huge round of applause. Props to Anheuser-Busch, that's the only public event I know of that does that every day.

With all the HKs that are floating around the sandbox, it's too bad they don't let them bring back war trophies any more.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Amen to that. I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but since we're thanking people for serving - I was at Sea World San Antonio for the 2nd time in 2 or 3 years last weekend - just like the previous time I was there, at the Shamu show, they had all former and current military members stand up to receive a huge round of applause. Props to Anheuser-Busch, that's the only public event I know of that does that every day.

With all the HKs that are floating around the sandbox, it's too bad they don't let them bring back war trophies any more.
Went to Disney world a few years(3 or 4) ago and they let me and my family in free when they found out I was military

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Props to Anheuser-Busch, that's the only public event I know of that does that every day.

Yeah it's well known Anheuser-Busch supports the military. When we were in New Orleans for Katrina helping down there, Anheuser brought us 2 semi trucks full of beer as a thanks. I was suprised my unit let us have 2 each.

As for seeing HK's over here, I've seen a bunch of G3's...It would be nice to bring one back for the collect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts