HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my Z5K the stock handguard has a little play and the us grip I put on has a lot of play....Up and down and side to side.

Does this come up from time to time?

·
Registered
274 Posts
yep.. my US grip was all over the place. It seems the holes are oversized. I can't suggest you try this because it was a sticky mess, but i slathered everything but the grip with oil. cleaned the grip with degreaser, scored up the inside of the grip holes with some sandpaper, installed the grip carefully and then ran a little gorilla glue into the holes around the pin with an old needle oiler. A LITTLE. LITTLE.. can't stress that enough. anyway, after about 24 hours, i pulled off the handguard (the pin didn't stick too bad, had to tap it out with a hammer though) and cleaned up the holes a little with a razor (the gorilla glue expands a lot), indexed and widened them just a touch and its much much better. Not perfect, but much better. I don't know if it'll last, but i think gorilla glue is basically plastic so it may be GTG.

i thought about just buying a german one but then id be out of 922r compliance. besides, i have no way of knowing if those would fit any better.

DS

·
Registered
274 Posts
yeah, the US made full size MP5 handguard seems to fit really well. the shorty with the vert grip is another story!

DS

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am not sure if this is the fault of the Z-5P or the US handguard. I have a few of them now and in all cases, the handguards from HKParts were a little loose. The ones I got from RTG parts fit much tighter.

Unfortunately the ones (which says they are SW) from RTG are out of stock at this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts