HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and I am strictly comparing the design of the USP with the HK45. For some reason I still prefer the chunky design of the USP. Had a hk45c for less than a month and got rid of it. Anyone out there feels the same way?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well the HK45 is a bit different from the HK45C but I feel exactly the same way. USP all the way!
+1 on the difference between the full and compact size. Despite the hype, the HK45c isn't for everyone. I held and shot a USP45c and if it wasn't for me wanting to be in the HK45c club (and the picitanny rail) I would have got the USP45c.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I like the HK45 over the standard USP. Feels much better in my hands, much like the P30 feels better than the USPc.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I honestly cannot pick between the two I think they are both well designed for their times but if I really really had to choose I would have to go with the classic lines of the USP.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another USp guy here,had a P30 for a few weeks and sold it,My USPc's have always just felt right for me,but its hard for me to change once I get used to something and feel comfortable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the USP.

While I'm sure the HK45 is a wonderful shooter, the aesthics do not appeal to my senses. It's a bit heavy on the high-speed, low-drag tacticool side of gun fashion. The USP looks like a gun while the HK45 looks like the batmobile. My two cents.

And by the way, the MK23 is chunky. The USP...not so much.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed the title, what I am trying to say is I prefer the USP series design over the HK45/HK45c series.

cheeseburger you are right, the MK23 is chunky and big..lol.

·
Registered
783 Posts
USP. It just feels better in my hand, although the HK45 (don't know about the compact though), feels more refined and definitely has a more 1911 thing going on. I didn't get to try the HK45 with the larger backstrap though which I know would have worked better for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got a P30 about a month and a half ago and got rid of it a week later. The USPc series appeals to me on so many levels, with the USPc .40 being quite possibly my most favorite pistol ever. In fact, I picked up the USPc .45 last week from a showcase full of HK45c pistols. The design may be 19 years old, but newer, to me, doesn't always mean better. The USPc has always been one of those guns I wanted to get since seeing it in a magazine back in 1993, and I will never get rid of the USPc .40. It's just that good to me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
No.

I have small-average hands so I am not able to get as solid a grip on the USP as I am on the HK45s, that alone makes the HK45 king in my eyes. I can still shoot the USP pretty well, its just that with the "upgrades" on the HK45 I can shoot that so many times better. Same reason why I dont really like most compacts and especially subcompacts, I cant get a solid grip on them so it messes me up. Outside of the picatinny rail the only real upgrade I love about the HK45 is the lower bore axis, though im still sad about the smaller magazine size. Pretty sure you can fit 12 in that humongous magazine if they tweaked it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I prefer the USP 45 to the HK 45 any day. The USP holds 2 more rounds, & doesn't look like Spider Man owns it. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
815 Posts
No.

I chose both of the HK45 series over the USP design, for personal reasons...
But it's tough to argue that one is better than the other.

In regards to the spidey or batman "style" of the HK45...I don't see it when I'm gripping the gun and sending lead down range, so it doesn't bother me. In fact, the grip is almost entirely enveloped when I'm shooting - and it feels oh so good! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another "no" answer here. I tried very hard to like the USP series of pistols since they came out but the ergos never really worked for me. Much like the glocks, I shot them both well but both feel too blocky. So for years I collected Sigs since their ergonomics were the most comfortable for me. My collection has been steadily growing with HKs since the P30 and HK45s came out. I still don't own a striker fired pistol, the M&P came close to what I'm looking for. After trying a PPQ for the first time last weekend I believe it's the solution. Just wish HK would put something out sooner in this category.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I haven't shot the hk45c or p30 yet but looking to getting the p30l someday. My accuracy is about the same for hk45 and usp45. I love them both.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
For the full size, I prefer my HK45 because of the smaller grip. For the compact, I kept my USP45c. Didn't see any real improvement of the HK45c over the USPc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Like almost everyone else in this thread....the USP is the gun for me...I`ve had it a long time and measure everything else by it...and that`s why I still have it...I have often thought of getting a P 30 but never seem to get it done...I`m getting far more resistant to change so it looks like the USP is here to stay...it`s getting to feel like a old friend....

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I love both my USP45 and HK45 equally. I did have a uspc 40 at one time and I loved that also. But I am going to buy an HK45c here soon. I feel it is pretty much a USPC but more streamlined. I also like the refinements made to the HK45/c's the sight radius is better, the stock trigger is better, the mag releases are better, and the overall feel is better. That is not to say that the USP isn't amazing, just different.

My go to gun for huge problems or SHTF for those of you that like that term, is my USP. But I EDC my Hk45 everyday when I am in the states. Plus if the HK45c is good enough for the SEALS it has to be good enough for me. They are both great pistols, it is not an easy decision, and in reality you can only carry 1-2 of them. A nice secondary/tertiary combo would be the HK45 and HK45c if you run like that.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts