HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a legal standpoint, when you modify a full-auto HK lower housing to fit on a semi-auto only HK (clipped and pinned - fake full-auto selector markings), does the BATF require that you weld in a block that prevents the use of a full-auto trigger pack in the housing? The factory HK semi-auto lower housing has this block welded in place. I see some companies advertising pre-made clipped and pinned lowers (for fake full-auto selector markings). I was wondering if they weld in the block?

·
Registered
765 Posts
You'll probably get better answers, faster, if you ask in the NFA section. Even though you're asking about semi-only, it's a question about NFA law.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,853 Posts
clipped and pinned housing (plastic housing) means it is trimmed to fit over the ledge/block on the gun and has a push pin that is cut and glued to look like it is fit through a hole on a gun w/o the ledge (full auto).......the block is on the receiver not the pack housing..........a full auto trigger pack will not fit the rifle with the ledge on the receiver

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clipped and pinned housing (plastic housing) means it is trimmed to fit over the ledge/block on the gun and has a push pin that is cut and glued to look like it is fit through a hole on a gun w/o the ledge (full auto).......the block is on the receiver not the pack housing..........a full auto trigger pack will not fit the rifle with the ledge on the receiver
A factory HK HK9X lower housing has a small block welded inside of the front of the trigger housing that is designed to prevent the insertion of a full-auto trigger pack into the semi-auto housing. This block I am referring to is where the full auto sear pin would be on the full-auto trigger pack.

Note the how the semi-auto has a corresponding notch cut out of the trigger pack. Pic grabbed from Google images:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
In a factory HK semi gun that block also serves as the hook that sits on the receiver shelf.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
From a legal standpoint, when you modify a full-auto HK lower housing to fit on a semi-auto only HK (clipped and pinned - fake full-auto selector markings), does the BATF require that you weld in a block that prevents the use of a full-auto trigger pack in the housing? The factory HK semi-auto lower housing has this block welded in place. I see some companies advertising pre-made clipped and pinned lowers (for fake full-auto selector markings). I was wondering if they weld in the block?
Not sure what is required, but I know the block that you're referring to. It is only on the metal semi lowers; I don't think there is any way to add this to a plastic lower. I can't remember who used to sell those kits. They came with a two piece shelf for the lower and the bottom weldment and a stop-pin for the pack.

bystok's reply is correct though; the ledge welded on the receiver will not allow for a lower with the full-auto pack installed.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Not in the housing, it's part of the mag area that the piece is welded to.
This is the area that the OP is referring to; it does not allow for a full-auto pack to be inserted and it also supports the front of the lower by riding on top of the semi-shelf since there is no front pin. I have only seen this on steel lowers and I'm not sure that it can be added to the plastic lowers.

Best,

TC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts