HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in ohio and saved up some funds to get a P30.

Recently I learned that I will likely have to transfer to the great state of california for my job. Reading the rules I was glad to see that I can register the gun no problem but the issues is the magazine capacity. I need a 10 round mag for it to be legal.

I need help.
Far as I can tell I'm truly SOL. HK does not offer a P30 magazine in a 10 rd capacity and none of the other mags (P2000, usp compact) fit.

Does anyone have any info!!! Does a P30 10rd mag exist? Can I get the 15 rounds professionally (no wood blocks or cheap drilling) and LEGALLY converted to 10 rounds? Can someone tell me why california is so weird? :confused:

I posted in the cali forums but wanted to get more exposure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't believe there are any 10 rounders in existence at THIS time.

I have the same issue. Being moved to CA soon.

Fear not.

Although the P-30 will probably never be legal to purchase in CA the 10 rounders will eventually be available for it because of NY and MA.

They have 10 round limits and naturally HK will want to accomodate those customers.

Might want to pick up an HK45 before you go as well because you won't be able to get one once your a resident there. (it was not available for testing before Jan 1 2007 when a law that all NEW firearm designs must have magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator to be sold in CA went into effect. HK has no mag safety.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Word on the street. The USP 9mm mags work in these guns but is not recommended. I havent tried it myself. I doubt HK will sell these with 10 rounders as they are not selling them in CA.

·
Registered
55 Posts
About 2 weeks ago, a retailer (I think it was "cooler" or "MLSECPRO") from this forum advertised he had a limited quantity of CA/NY/MA compliant P30's comes with 2 ten round mags for sale. I don't know if he already sold out. But it shows that HK already has the 10 round mags in production. I should have bought one from him. My FFL dealer here in NY still don't have these 10 round P30s yet even though I told him that HK had already started to ship them. Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
About 2 weeks ago, a retailer (I think it was "cooler" or "MLSECPRO") from this forum advertised he had a limited quantity of CA/NY/MA compliant P30's comes with 2 ten round mags for sale. I don't know if he already sold out. But it shows that HK already has the 10 round mags in production. I should have bought one from him. My FFL dealer here in NY still don't have these 10 round P30s yet even though I told him that HK had already started to ship them. Can someone confirm this?
10 rounders are news to me. I have not heard of them and have no part number from HK for them.
Sorry

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
M.L. Security Products has them.

Edited to say they did have the listed in their section on this site but I can't find the listing now. The best bet would be to call them next week.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...pm'ed milspecpro... and said screw it.

Called pretty much every local dealer in a 150 mile radius with none in stock so a call to cdnn has left a sizable hole in my credit card and a P30 on its way by this wednesday. Fingers crossed that nothing weird happens and everything arrives as advertised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts