HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I believe the ROF is closer to that of a Full size MP5. I Know its definitely slower than a K gun.

The Bolt Carrier I believe is a MP5K but uses a custom recoil rod specific for a K carrier and full size receiver.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
JT,
ROF equals fullsize. Carrier is K carrier. Re-coil rod length is shorter than a full size. Re-coil rod spring is a K.
Dj

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
I should think you could use either bolt carrier... but the rod would have to be shorter, in either case. Length would depend on the carrier used, I guess.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information.

Would think with the lighter K carrier (which can in bind be used in the full size MP5, at least in Norway ;-) might make a little higher rate of fire, but with roller delayed guns one can get in trouble guessing.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Shattered,
some guys will use the standard mp5 carrier, but you will have to modify the cocking support.
Dj

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Closer ROF to a std MP5. Video on my YouTube channel.

·
Registered
482 Posts
So, the correct answer is a MP5K bolt carrier,MP5K recoil rod assembly and a MP5K cocking tube support? This will work in the BMP MP5 reverse stretch barrelled uppers?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I have a CA. It uses a K front end and carrier. The recoil assembly is somewhere between a full size and a K. I find mine runs a little faster than my Vollmer converted 94, but I can still pull singles. Here in Las Vegas, I've found that factory 147 gr can go supersonic in my full size. With the 5.5" K barrel that has not been an issue with the CA gun. I certainly prefer running a can on it as opposed to running a can on a full size. With a can on a full size, I find it to be very muzzle heavy. The MK9K or Raptor on the CA gun is much less muzzle heavy. Good luck with your reverse stretch project.

Scott

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Son can pull singles with the MP5K-PDW with no problem, except for the time it takes to shoot a beta mag in or two round bursts, however, if you take another sear out then no issue waiting ;-)

·
Registered
536 Posts
So, the correct answer is a MP5K bolt carrier,MP5K recoil rod assembly and a MP5K cocking tube support? This will work in the BMP MP5 reverse stretch barrelled uppers?
No... The BMP reverse stretch, will use the Mp5k carrier, mp5k cocking tube support, mp5k recoil spring and custom length recoil rod. Take a MP5 recoil bare rod and cut it down to 8". Then install Mp5k recoil spring and end caps. Rivet it together and you're in business.

I have two of the beloved reverse stretches and they are my absolute favorite... Until my PCS 52k is done!

·
Registered
482 Posts
No... The BMP reverse stretch, will use the Mp5k carrier, mp5k cocking tube support, mp5k recoil spring and custom length recoil rod. Take a MP5 recoil bare rod and cut it down to 8". Then install Mp5k recoil spring and end caps. Rivet it together and you're in business.

I have two of the beloved reverse stretches and they are my absolute favorite... Until my PCS 52k is done!
Thank You! Thank you for answering my question! Now I am glad I haven't bought the bolt group. This forum rocks.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Yes, basically from the trunnion forward plus the bolt group is MP5K parts in a full size receiver. The mag catch parts are all the same for 9mm guns. Trigger group, rear sight, and stock or pistol cap for a full size. The only custom part that I am aware of is the recoil assembly. It is longer than the standard K but shorter than a full size. It is my favorite of the 9mm guns. YMMV.

Scott

As an aside I miss JT (the OP). He was a great guy and always helpful without being condescending. R.I.P. John.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts