1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Wow.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's an attention getter!! Looks like the shelf was removed, and the builder didn't weld up the hole! That just lost some value.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Wow, nice paddle install. I'm sure it will be just fine.

"Buy my rifle and get free room and board for years to come."

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
I recently saw a butchered up 91 at a local gun show. Someone had drilled the pushpin holes...and someone else basically epoxied over it. It was horrid looking, all gunked up, etc.

-hh

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
That was obviously before they started making builders use the 1/8 inch bushing/pin combo. That is a stainless cast SW receiver that century was using about 12 years ago, Its a very robust receiver,but the shelf is still intact,you can see the weld above it . He just needs the ears put back on his lower to cover it.LOL. A clipped &pinned lower would work well on this. You coudnt get a FA lower on their if you wanted to. But yes it could get you IN TROUBLE. Just weld thiose holes closed already!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yeah not so good. Saw a cetme at the gun show last month with a real push pin and no shelf installed. When I asked the guy about it he said he built it himself and ATF said it was ok. Ha ha. I laughed and ran away. Fast.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
OK coming from the serious side. Has anyone contacted the seller and explained to him what is wrong?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fired off a message to the seller. Told him if your auction is on the gun boards it won't be long before the helo's start hovering.
Actually, I suggested a quick auction cancellation and either have a professional fix it ASAP or destroy it.
I'm saving it on my watch list to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
OK coming from the serious side. Has anyone contacted the seller and explained to him what is wrong?
Fired off a message to the seller. Told him if your auction is on the gun boards it won't be long before the helo's start hovering.
Actually, I suggested a quick auction cancellation and either have a professional fix it ASAP or destroy it.
I'm saving it on my watch list to see what happens.
Thought I would follow up on this as well, this is what I sent to the seller. I figure if they hear it a few times that it might be taken seriously.

No question, just a comment on the current configuration of your rifle.
I understand you may have received more comments of the same concern.
You may or may not know that the hole that was drilled to accommodate the paddle mag release is NOT supposed to be there!
I would express great concern about having this rifle in this configuration.

Title 26, United States code, Chapter 53, section 5845 (b), defines the term machinegun as any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading with a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in possession or under control of a person.

Some quotes,
“It is Illegal to have the bushing hole installed in any Cetme, or HK gun...BATFE Considers it a Machine gun, and since it would be Current Manufacture, It is Illegal for citizens to Own...The Hole allows a pin type Full auto Swing down Lower receiver with The Full auto sear to be Installed, Making it readily convertible to Full auto…”

“This feature alone, the holes and mated bushing for the front assembly/pivot pin, has been determined to be the sole defining feature by BATF Technology Branch as to what constitutes in a legally defining sense a “Machine Gun” receiver for a H&K type weapon under the National Firearms Act."

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also let the seller know that the BATFE considers pics as evidence. It's bad enough that he could be facing an illegal possession charge but now he could face an offering for sale charge too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This may seem like a dumb question, but if the seller did not personally do the modification (pawn shop, gun store, trade in, etc.), what is the correct protocol for this sort of thing? Should they destroy the rifle? Turn it in to LE or ATF? Bury it at a crossroad under a full moon?

I would think that destroying it could be seen as destroying evidence, as creating it was a crime. Then again, possession is also not legal, so not destroying it could be used against them....

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
This may seem like a dumb question, but if the seller did not personally do the modification (pawn shop, gun store, trade in, etc.), what is the correct protocol for this sort of thing? Should they destroy the rifle? Turn it in to LE or ATF? Bury it at a crossroad under a full moon?

I would think that destroying it could be seen as destroying evidence, as creating it was a crime. Then again, possession is also not legal, so not destroying it could be used against them....
Destroy it and keep photographic evidence of it's destruction, turn it in to ATF, repair it in the correct manner. Those are the only choices to my knowledge.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
My thing is, if you're dumb enough to do it, why advertise it? I'm not condoning it but if I were to do something that stupid, I surely wouldn't blast it on the Internet.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts