HKPRO Forums banner

Does anyone have any info/History on this P9 Magazine?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Shattered Mind 
#1 ·
Green Transparency Technology Plastic Electronic device
Green Transparency

What I have so far is that it is a P9 Prototype Magazine. I was looking to see if there are anymore out there and if the mag was ever used in a live firing P9? What year released? Thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. That's cool. If thats Factory, that's a nice piece of HK History!

#3 ·
Very cool this is a great item to have wish I had one but it seems no one knows how many there were

#4 ·
Guys Thanks for the compliments! I was hoping for some history on it anyone? G3Kurz? Happy Easter!

#7 ·
You'll be pleased to know that I have not seen this magazine before. That certainly makes it more rare.
The markings and packaging looks like it could have come and likely did direct from HK GmbH, maybe the HK Pattern Room itself. Would be interesting to know how you acquired it.

Bluetwister? Any thoughts?

G3Kurz

#5 ·
I'd vote for G3kurz or maybe Bo, if he still reads the boards.

#9 ·
I bought the magazine from a German gun dealer. He said he purchased it from a HK Germany employee approx 12-15 years ago. He does not remember the employees name, but was absolutley sure it came from HK Germany. This is all the info I had so far. I didnt know if it was a one of a kind or if they were produced in limited numbers?

It must be pretty good if it has stumpted the Great G3kurz :) lol

#13 ·
That makes total sense. A prototype magazine that walked out of HK GmbH and was sold for beer money. The time frame is right also as in the early 1990's when BAE/RO purchased HK MANY things like that were destroyed to include various G11 prototypes as an effort to clean house and reduce costs/overhead along with about 1200 employees that were fired or retired. The very first P7 prototype (w/o a slide lock) was even removed from the company (from Helmut Weldle's desk in fact) by the then new HK Group CEO, a rich spoiled German. He just took it because he wanted it and could. I don't know if it was ever recovered. I think that guy went to jail for something else - well deserved.
G3Kurz

#12 ·
Landpimp, I just checked it, fits 9mm. It kind of looks like a.22 magazine though..

#14 ·
Wasn't that the one that flew out the window of a VW when he hit the big rock outside of the new Stucky's just outside the mall by the factory? Never to be seen again?

Sorry... just got done reading the "history" lesson with Speccop and Geekoboy and I'm still in the zone....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.