HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Myself and a couple other folks have been trying to find out a update on this RCM MP5SD silencer orders. I placed myself on the list 3-4 months ago, and have heard nothing since. I PMd 75bronco but no response. Ive called but no awnser. Does anyone know if RCM completed these? I hope I wasnt dropped from the list. I would hate to have to resort to Ralph, cause I want to see it some time in this century. Any info is apreciated.............Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I had sent them an email last weekend asking about how to purchase one out of the next batch. They promptly (same day) returned my email with this response "I will put you on the list and let you know when they are close to being finished. We have not started them yet". I am very tempted to buy one of the remaining BMP barreled uppers but I don't want to be stuck without a suppressor for it. As you have outlined in your build post there are not a lot of options. You might have better luck sending them an email. I used the one from their website "[email protected]"

·
Banned
848 Posts
This build is going to happen. I have all the material needed for 60 of them. I have 5 people interested in them. It is not a high priority in the shop due to the demand from real purchase orders from our customers. My goal is to fit them in when I get the chance. If you need one now then you need to look somewhere else. I never took any money or set a delivery date for these. No one was taken off the list. Sorry if e-mails or phone calls were not answered or returned. We are busy beyond belief and I'm not complaining. YET!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This build is going to happen. I have all the material needed for 60 of them. I have 5 people interested in them. It is not a high priority in the shop due to the demand from real purchase orders from our customers. My goal is to fit them in when I get the chance. If you need one now then you need to look somewhere else. I never took any money or set a delivery date for these. No one was taken off the list. Sorry if e-mails or phone calls were not answered or returned. We are busy beyond belief and I'm not complaining. YET!
75bronco,
Outstanding.............Thank you for the update.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn. There are a couple of things about Coharie Arms SD guns I'd like to pass on. I have a CA89 SD. Fortunately for me I bought it during the "Going Out Of Roller Locked Guns" sale for only $1,450 with the can. Recently I purchased a couple of SD front end kits and RCM SD bolt groups from HK Parts to have Jeff (ghilliebear2000) build me two more SDs. The SD gets dirty quick, so a couple more guns would keep the fun going. The SD front ends use RCM SD barrels. Jeff said he didn't have a CA SD can to try the SDs he was building for me.

About this time Mike (75Bronco) at Rim Country posted about a SD can run. I contacted Mike about a possible upgrade of my CA SD can. It is a good can and is quiet, the problem is if weighs over two pounds. The whole can is made from steel or stainless steel. From my conversation from Mike at RCM, my understanding is at one time RCM made the SD cans for Todd's guns (Special Weapons, Tactical Weapons, Coharie Arms, etc early on. it is also my understanding that the RCM SD can is all aluminum, so I asked Mike about an upgrade to his internals so I don't have to buy a new can. Mike told me he didn't have a CA can to compare with.

So I shipped my CA can to Jeff so he could try the SDs he is making. Then he would forward the can to Mike. Once Jeff had the can, he said that the can would start onto the threads of the RCM barrels but would bind. I find it so frustrating the Todd's parts can be so "hit or miss". Some of his stuff works great. Others might or might not. Jeff told me the thread pitch and count looks the same. Is the threads in the end cap not cut sharp enough, or is it that the CA can needs more tolerance? I don't know. So Jeff shipped the can to Mike.

Great news for CA SD can owners. My understanding is the CA cans are the same specs as RCM. Doing the upgrade to RCM internals is supposed to cut the weight of a CA can down by over a pound! Rim Country is a business. As such they need to have cash flow. It would seem to me if RCM has the material to build 60 but only five guys that are "interested", the project would move up in priority if there were more "interest".

Mike, I hope that I haven't spoken out of turn about this. The SD is a very specialized application. For shear utility, a multi mount style muzzle mounted can is hard to beat. But there is a certain mystic of a true SD. So if you want a great SD can for a good price, or you have a CA can that is just too heavy, lets let Mike know there is a lot of interest in this project. YMMV.

Scott

·
Banned
848 Posts
Scott, when looking at your can I came to the conclusion that your threads were a little damaged. I believe they are the same pitch just banged up some. I was suprised Todd used our design due to the fact that everything we have ever supplied him caused him hardships. Thanks for speaking out!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Scott, when looking at your can I came to the conclusion that your threads were a little damaged. I believe they are the same pitch just banged up some. I was suprised Todd used our design due to the fact that everything we have ever supplied him caused him hardships. Thanks for speaking out!
So I don't need to trade out the SD barrel on my Coharie Arms SD? Should I buy a tap? If so what thread size and pitch do I need? I have to say, I appreciate that Todd started the business of making roller locked guns. During the "Going Out Of Roller Locked Guns" sale I bought four CA guns. I think I received a very good value for the price. I waited months to get them. I would have paid 50% more had the guns been made to a similar standard as the originals. I hated the plastic cocking tube supports because of the "springiness" compared to the steel one in my Vollmer converted 94. I bought some of Todd's steel cocking tube supports as soon as they became available to put into three of the four CA guns. Two of the three dropped in. When I installed his cocking tube support in my CA89-40, my cocking handle broke. The slot was quite long enough, or the hole in the plastic one was a little bit further back, or maybe the plastic one had some give where as the steel one didn't, I don't really know. Which ever one it was, a few strokes with a round file the diameter of the slot has taken care of the issue, at least I hope. The handle doesn't hit the end of the slot anymore. The function of the .40 S&W full size was good in the beginning. Within the first couple mags it would run the whole mag. By the time I had 400 rds through it, I'd have 4-10 FTE malfunctions per mag. If the shell did eject, it would dribble out. I started with a new extractor spring, then a new extractor with a new spring. Finally, I put all the bolt parts into a RCM bolt. In all the fixes to each gun weren't that much money, but I hate having to work on a brand new gun. I've seen thread after thread about sending the gun "back to the mother ship" only to still have the original problem. So I got it fixed on my own. All tolled I've got around $1,200 in The .40 S&W and it runs. But it is things like the cocking tube was out of round over the trunnion. I had to take a little off the support for the bolt to go into battery. That didn't really cost me much monetarily, a little electricity and a Dremel flapper wheel. It is just the PITA that Todd's steel support wouldn't just drop into a Todd built gun. Even knowing what I know now, I'd still have bought those four CA guns. But it was a real PITA to get them to run consistently. YMMV.

Scott

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
75Bronco,
How is this project comming along? Im in need:)
Thank you Donavan Stinson

·
Banned
848 Posts
We should be ready to send all the parts to anodize by the end of next week.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awsome, thank you for the update.

·
Banned
848 Posts
SD Can Update. All parts going to Anodize tomorrow. Based on the quantity of parts to be anodized I'm giving them 2 weeks to get them done. I've come up with a price on the can itself, based on how many we made we are reducing the price from 650.00 to 400.00. This does not include shipping. I have not received an answer on the internal swap out. My guess is you can ship the suppressor to me for repair. (No transfer needed). I swap out the internals and ship back to you. WITHOUT your old ones.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
SD Can Update. I have not received an answer on the internal swap out. My guess is you can ship the suppressor to me for repair. (No transfer needed). I swap out the internals and ship back to you. WITHOUT your old ones.
Do you still need us to loosen the end cap or can we ship it intact?

·
Banned
848 Posts
CAN UPDATE. All parts are back from anodize. I will start assembeling them tomorrow. I will contact those on the list to see if you are still interested. If not the 2nd list will be contacted. Thanks for being patient.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WooHoo! I got contacted today by RCM. Cans are ready:)

·
Banned
848 Posts
Just did a forum members internals on his Coharie. He wanted the stainless threaded end cap and the first baffle in line to to be stainless. His before weight was 2lbs 9.5 oz. After weight is 1lb 3.9 oz. Petty good weight reduction without any sacrafice to durability and quality.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts