HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right place for this. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any HK's DA/SA (spur hammer) without rail and with metal frame available anywhere preferably in 40 S&W but 9mm would also be acceptable.

·
Registered
854 Posts
HK does not make a metal framed .40s&w...look at a GERMAN Sig ( If I had a choice between a Hi-Point and a US Sig, Id take the Hi-Point...at least I know WHY it'd suck)

Metal frames are over-rated anyway....Polymer all the way

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Well, HK did make the .40 cal metal framed P7M10, which lacks a rail, but it's not DA/SA and has no hammer.

·
Registered
890 Posts
OP, I'm in the Triad also. Before my HKs, I was carrying either a P239 or a P229R SCT, both 9mm, as well as other Sigs that were just range guns. While there isn't something that fits your exact description, HKs are excellent guns, all around. From a previous "all Sig, all the time" guy, I will say that the best purchases I have made in the handgun world were getting my P30 (in place of the 229), and then later picking up a P2000sk. Both are the V3 variant, which is the same as the Sig DA/SA with a decocker (that I am used to), and I'm 100% satisfied. Not sure if your want for a metal frame is due to the weight/recoil reduction aspect, or just preference. I'll tell you that despite being polymer frame, my P30 is by far the softest shooting, easiest handling pistol I've ever owned, shot, carried. For a subcompact, the P2000sk is also phenominal in the "felt" recoil department...even with higher pressure SD ammo. Both guns are dead accurate out of the box, leaving the rest to the user. Welcome to the forum! I learn something every time I come to HKPro. Lot's of knowledge on this site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts