HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought three of the turkish "mke" mp5 flats back in the day. At the time I had no idea the higher quality LSC flats were on the horizon.

I paid at least 3x what LSC flats currently go for each flat. Dayammm. Well maybe not that much for one of them i think.

If I could go back, I would do it exactly the same way, because I value authenticity that much. Nothing against the LSC flats, its just a collector thing. The old "mke" flats were very high quality and made on legit hk tooling, the closest thing you could get to factory hk aside from an hk94.

That being said, in light of the new LSC flats, are people still looking for, buying, trading, "mke" flats? Do they still command a premium?

I'm not sure if I want to sell any, maybe I might let loose of one. Just curious about their current market status though.

And yes, it's been a long time since I posted on hkpro. Got bit by the ak bug a while back. Still love my hks though.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm sure you'll get several opinions, but for me, my clones all function as desired with American receivers and RCM internals. MKE flats, would not be worth more for me.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I don't see them being worth anything more than an LSC. Wait for the builders to pipe up though. They know more than most about flats.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I'd be the wrong guy to talk to also. I prefer to buy the flats as ready to weld on receivers... ready to go. Flats don't blow my skirt up. Somebody will go for them, tho'... where are all the MKE fanboyz?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been on the lookout for an MKE flat, but I'm not sure I'd pay much more for one than an LSC flat. While the MKE flats look sharper in several respects, they also require more work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in what respects are the mke flats sharper looking?

that makes up for my overpaying somewhat hehe.

·
Registered
234 Posts
in what respects are the mke flats sharper looking?

that makes up for my overpaying somewhat hehe.
The top rib and the scope mount tabs are both more sharply defined and cleaner looking than on any of the clone receivers, as well as the line where the magwell meets the receiver body.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have also only used the MKE flats and would say that there are people out there who would pay the premium as they are HK licensed flats. The most recent one I purchased for 280.00 and thought I got a deal. CHOPSTIX kid ( joe at Dakota Tactical) can build on them and it will come out mint. I would say the market would be 275-325 on one if you were to sell.

Those who say they want one but wouldn't Pay more than the current LSC price probably will never own one. Remember not too long ago the LSC flats were 300.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So the LSC flats are more popular due to price alone? Most of who I talk too prefer the LSC flats over the MKE. On a $3,000+ gun, I don't think the small price difference between the 2 flats are a deal breaker.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
NO... the LSC flats are more popular because they're still being made. The MKE things were a couple time thing...

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Old thread I know. Anyone know how many of these MKE flats were made / imported and a rough guestimate on how many unaltered flats might be left?

And.....would it be considered by most here sacrilegious to turn one of these into a reverse stretch being that these are licensed HK flats and a reverse stretch was never a factory gun?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have heard in the mid 70's.
I have one flat left and one that is pretty much built (should have it any time now from Chops). I don't think there are many left to be built on.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
And.....would it be considered by most here sacrilegious to turn one of these into a reverse stretch being that these are licensed HK flats and a reverse stretch was never a factory gun?
Not in the least. I'm seriously considering the same type of build for my Mke flat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts