HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought everything to convert my usc over to a ump and emailed hdps to send in the receiver to have it milled. After sending two emails and a third for something else Im beginning to think they dont care about getting business. Or maybe he has too much, who knows. Any insight would be great. I found a machine shop that does custom work and is willing to mill the receiver and cut my barrel down, I just figured I would send my stuff to a company that specializes in this area.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Send email to [email protected]. That is Ed Montana's email address. He's the owner of HDPS. Try to be brief with your first email so Ed will know who you are. He has ton of emails and will not have time to respond to long emails. Once you have established contact, then tell him what you want to do. Ed has been very prompt in responding to my emails.

Another option is to fax your question to his fax number on the website. Tell them what you need done and ask him to contact you.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
PM me. I'll have it done in under a week. I've done 15 of them in the last month or two, you can find pics of the ones I've done. I'll give you my cell number if you want to talk directly to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would absolutely in no way recommend Ed Montana to anyone. I am an active duty Navy Corpsman currently stationed in Okinawa. I have all the parts to complete my HK USC/UMP conversion accept for the stock pin. I first sent my order form via E-mail to him on September 20th then after no response for a week I sent the same order form via FAX. Still no response. Then after the third E-mail trying to find out what was going on, he replied and said he was doing an inspection on a piece of equipment out of town and that he recieved my FAX and would have it processed by the end of the week. Three weeks, three E-mails and two phone calls later, all the time addressing my messages to him in a respectful manner, he finally returns my E-mail to tell me that I failed to put all 16 digits of my CC on the order form and that this was a lot of trouble I was going through to get one part that was only going to make him $1.50 (His Words). So I called an hour after he sent that E-mail to ask why it took three weeks to let me know that I messed up the order form and I guess he got defensive. When he thought he hung up because the conversation was over he didn't realize he left the phone on and I spent 4 minutes listening to him talking to someone calling me an M'fer and that he wasn't even making a big profit on the part and F me and so on. So I shoot him an E-mail to let him know that I heard everything he said and that as a man of Honor and Integrity I have determined he has neither, as the definition of integrity is doing and saying the right things even when no one is around. He apparently got defensive again and criticized my service and said I should be out in the desert like a real soldier rather than vacationing in Okinawa. What he didn't know, when he questioned my patriotism, is that I served two tours to Iraq as a platoon corpsman for 1st battalion 6th Marines in Fallujiah and Ramadi then to top it off, I again deployed to Helmand Afghanistan with 1st Med Battalion. He then tried to referance his ten years in the military. I don't generally compare my service to anyone elses, but I feel confident saying I've seen way more and I've done way more than he's ever done. So the moral to this lengthy post is that if you want expedicious service from Mr. Ed Montana, then make sure he is going to make a lot of money on you or he'll just push you to the side for more important buisness. SEMPER FI to all my marine brothers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts