HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does HK refinish slides or any parts, similar to the service Sig Sauer uses? I have a P230 that was pretty chewed up from years of carry, and Sig blued the slide for $99.00, looks like out of the box new. Does HK offer a similar service? My USP needs the same treatment, but only if I could get the factory to do it, unless you guys know someone thats awesome, and has reputation for quality and durability.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I would find a reputable refinisher that does Parkerizing for a decent price. Its a durable finish that holds oil very well, and has the 'right look'.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
GrayGuns will refinish it to a factory look (black oxide) for $80. They're the go-to shop for all things HK (pistol wise, at least), so I would send it to them personally:

Heckler & Koch Pistols : Grayguns by Bruce Gray

As suggested you could always send it out for more durable surface finishes (many at greater costs), but they also won't look factory if that's what you're after.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You can just get the pistol Cerakoted. Lots of guys doing that. The finish on the Sig & HK are quite differently done. Sig uses a bluing process where HK uses a Nitrocarburized finish followed by black oxide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts