HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if Hk still makes the Mark 23? I see it in some of out distrbuter books but cant reach anyone till mon. morning, so are they still producing them and which distrubuters have them?
-Jason G

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sports South (distributor) shows them on their website, but they are currently out of stock. It is listed as a "special buy", but like I said they are currently out of stock and I don't know how long this has been the case since I haven't had a reason to look up a Mark 23 lately. I also looked at Zanders and Camfour and neither even list it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw where sports south was out of them. Ellett Bros. has them in there new catalogue, but I dont know if they have them in stock. Any other disturbutors that carry the Mark 23 that you know of?
-Jason G

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I heard from a few dealers that HK was suppposed to release another batch of the Mark 23 before the end of the year. Hopefully its true but take it for whats it worth.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would check out gunbroker and gunsamerica. They are out there but not many dealers are going to have them. They are one of the guns that is imported in limited qty but also a very small market for them. Some dealers just don't want to stock it since they are slow to sell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a P2000 sk saturday and my dealer has a NIB black one in stock for $1999. PM me if you would like their phone number.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I went for the USP .45 Tactical. Can't justify the money to own a Mk23. Well made pistol, but way too large for my hands so it would be a safe queen. I use every pistol I own and don't need one gathering dust.

L

·
0 Posts
I heard from a few dealers that HK was suppposed to release another batch of the Mark 23 before the end of the year. Hopefully its true but take it for whats it worth.

of course its true. the mark23 is far too successful for them to just discontinue production outright. especially considering the 2000+ price tag each one goes for.

this is standard marketing tactic. reduce supply to increase demand and raise price because you know people will pay it :)

and yes i am buying one. i must...i... must...have a mark 23....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys thanks for all the input but heres my problem. i work for a local gun store and we have called all of out regular distributers, (Ellett Bros, Sports South, Jerrys, RSR) and none of them have the Mark 23 in stock. Another local dealer got a new one in but wants $2200 for it. So i am trying to get one through the store I work for so I can take a little off the already big price tag. I asked one of the employees at the store that has it and all he told me was, "HK doesnt make the Mark 23 any more". Oh well maybe I find a distributer that has one packed away some where. Thanks again.
-Jason G

·
Registered
217 Posts
I really doubt the LEM conversion can be made, as the internals are not interchangeable with USP components, also considering Mark23 has a separate decocker mechanism.

I wonder if the higher price of HK Mark23 prices is due to the current Euro v. Dollar exchange rate. It impacts high dollar items a lot more than smaller items.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts