HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they were made by Cannon, but I can't find them anywhere, only broken links to the Hecklerkoch-usa.com website.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
from what I understand, NO, they no longer offer their safes... too bad, they looked cool....

·
Registered
221 Posts
i forget what brand they were but you could get a safe and put a sticker on it. that's what one of my friends suggested. the more i think about it, that's good advice...

they might have been cannon? knox?

they didn't sell well at all. very expensive i understand.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i forget what brand they were but you could get a safe and put a sticker on it. that's what one of my friends suggested. the more i think about it, that's good advice...

they might have been cannon? knox?

they didn't sell well at all. very expensive i understand.
The only googliones I could find about it were in other forums, the consensus was that they were made by cannon, and were only $20-$50 more than the Cannon branded ones.

Pity, I can't think of a more appropriate safe for a 100% HK collection (save for one P85 Ruger I've had since 1985).

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
The only googliones I could find about it were in other forums, the consensus was that they were made by cannon, and were only $20-$50 more than the Cannon branded ones.

Pity, I can't think of a more appropriate safe for a 100% HK collection (save for one P85 Ruger I've had since 1985).
very well said....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Red spray paint, and masking tape (plus a ruler and a square)

It works the best. You can get some very good logo copies with a good masking job.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A sign shop can make a vinyl transfer of just about anything. If you really want to get exotic, check a local t shirt shop or hot rod shop to find air brush artist or pin striper. I think there are pictures of the safes on the HK pdf brochures. There are some ultra cool HK logos that one of our members (I'm sorry, I don't rememder who it was) made a few months ago. I use one of them for a screensaver. All you need is a gloss black safe to start with. Maybe you could start a new thread to collect pictures of what others have done and some others.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I know I can use nailpolish, lipstick, red construction paper, spray paint, or colored tape.

I was hoping to find one done by the little German HK gun gnomes, whether they wre actually made by Cannon over here or not. I can't even find any on ebay. Oh well, at least the gun show is here tomorrow. Maybe I'll pick up a USC to carry home in it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
2005 Catalog

Dave: they are in the 2005 catalog #10696. I have it on an Adobe pdf if you can't find it. If you don't find it, pm your email and I'll sent it to you. I haven't gotten around to reading that deal about posting pictures yet. Brian

·
Registered
802 Posts
The only HK products that HK makes are guns. All the other stuff they just call up the company and tell them to put a logo on it. Like those ear muffs everyone wants that will cost them about $30. Well they are made by Peltor and sell for $15. HK Target sights for the USP are made by Meprolight and will cost you another $10 for the HK logo. Their knives are made by Benchmade who now use overseas suppliers for their cheap knives, like the HK ones.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The only HK products that HK makes are guns. All the other stuff they just call up the company and tell them to put a logo on it. Like those ear muffs everyone wants that will cost them about $30. Well they are made by Peltor and sell for $15. HK Target sights for the USP are made by Meprolight and will cost you another $10 for the HK logo. Their knives are made by Benchmade who now use overseas suppliers for their cheap knives, like the HK ones.
Scooter,

I think the target sights are made my LPA, or at least the sights that ride on the Tactical line. I could be wrong but seem to recall the US distributor telling me that when I ordered a set for one of my P7s. Take a look.

Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts