HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a P30 in 40SW.

But I am not sure if the chamber of P30 fully support the case of 40SW.

Anybody gives some hint?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
As far as I know, all HK's have a fully supported chamber.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I guess all the conversations I have seen relating to chamber support have always been about the .40. I guess I just assumed that all the other ones were as well. Been here years and still learning new stuff.

·
Registered
818 Posts
But a non fully supported chamber on a 45 is no big deal. Even with +P ammunition, they only run around 23,000 PSI compared to a 9X19 std load or 40 S&W pressure of 35,000PSI.

·
Registered
313 Posts
But a non fully supported chamber on a 45 is no big deal. Even with +P ammunition, they only run around 23,000 PSI compared to a 9X19 std load or 40 S&W pressure of 35,000PSI.
Agree that it's actually not an issue.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Since the OP's questions has pretty much been answered, How about the USP fullsize in .40? The reason I ask is the 10mm conversions use the stock barrel but ream it to fit the OAL of the 10mm. the higher pressure of the 10mm could lead to bulged cases.

If it's less than Glocks unsupported chamber none of it matters I guess.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Since the OP's questions has pretty much been answered, How about the USP fullsize in .40? The reason I ask is the 10mm conversions use the stock barrel but ream it to fit the OAL of the 10mm. the higher pressure of the 10mm could lead to bulged cases.

If it's less than Glocks unsupported chamber none of it matters I guess.
I believe the USP 40 is fully supported.The USP is on the left, Glock on the right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts