HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A seller's description is "Safariland 280S Holster - LASD - Hecker and Koch (H&K) USP 45" - but the picture of it shows a Beretta in the holster (stolen stock photo).

I can't seem to find an absolute yes or no on this (Safariland's website especially no help). CopQuest has one for the Beretta, but not the USP 45.

TIA

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I would locate the Safariland holster you want, take your time and search the site well - then get it from BigDuke.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, I cannot locate it, I spent HOURS searching, and I'm not going to order a non-existent item.

·
Registered
257 Posts
you're not alone , i finally said 'f' it after searching for godonlyknowshowlong for something else...

·
Registered
5,343 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I knew about those ones.

'safariland 280s' Google search comes up with multiple online stores selling that 280s holster for the Beretta 92/96. From what I can gather, it has a forward cant where the 6280 is straight up/down.

From http://www.realpolice.net/safariland.shtml (not the horse's mouth)
280S Holster, RH, Fine Tac, H&K 45
280S Holster, RH, Nylon Look, H&K USP 45
If the 280S is made for the H&K USP 45, it's so incredibly rare that you have to be or have a source in LASD to know about it, since it was supposedly made for LASD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
280s is the official LASD duty holster. Main difference between it and the 6280 is in the retention devise (which for officer safety I wont list how it works). The holster was made for the Beretta 92FS but over the years I have seen it advertised for the HK USPf .45. I have never seen one IRL as I used a 6280 to carry a USP .45f when that was my duty carry.

I found this site with one for sale-- store front seems a little sparse so I don't know if it's a legit offer but contact them if you like. It has the model number as 280S -93-81.

http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/280s-93-81.html

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks, that pretty much confirms what I thought, but from an inside perspective. I'll verify with Safariland before I buy it tomorrow.

Safariland rep said it exists, for the H&K USP .45 fullsize, fine tac finish would be MSRP of $115 or $150 (bad connection).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts