HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my p30 and I took it down to clean it today and put it back together and the slide stop lever looked lower than normal. Did I do something wrong here? This is the side of the gun with the serial number

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It maybe fine and may have always been like this, but it sits lower then the cutout and does not look correct to me

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
It is definitely broken. Does it rattle, when shaken? If it doesn't, take it to the range, put at least 500-1,000 rounds through it and then report back. Once it starts rattling then the gun is considered operational and within specs. Until properly broken in with at least marginal holster wear, the gun is considered defective like many found on this forum.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm assuming the spring needs to come up and the bar that goes across to other side sits under it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at pictures I posted when I first got this gun something is wrong, but how do I fix it?

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
I'm assuming the spring needs to come up and the bar that goes across to other side sits under it?
Yes and you might as well go ahead and order a new TRS. Yours will "probably" be breaking within the next few thousand rounds since you removed the slide stop levers from the frame. Just an advisory.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If that's how it is suppose to sit after break in, I am ok with it, it did not rattle at first, but rattles now, I am also ok with that, just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Also why would break in cause this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is a trs? Would this fix this problem? I'm new to hk and did not intend to take the lever out, I just did.

Damn these guns are not as user friendly as my glocks, but love this gun. I took my side panels off and swapped them out is this goin to mess something up to?

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
What is a trs? Would this fix this problem? I'm new to hk and did not intend to take the lever out, I just did.

Damn these guns are not as user friendly as my glocks, but love this gun. I took my side panels off and swapped them out is this goin to mess something up to?
The slide stops are captive, for whatever reason by the TRS. Since you stressed the TRS by the removal and subsequent reinstallation of the slide stops, then I would recommend the replacement of the TRS due to the stress imposed by removal and installation of the slide stops. The TRS IMO is the Achilles Heal of the HK disassembly process.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trs = trigger return spring? Why would taking this lever out make this part fail? Also if I replace that what else has to come out? And will this screw something else up?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What would be the best way to take those out without harming the trs? The bar was sitting low prior to taking this levers out. How hat is that spring to replace?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it matters I did not rip the thing out I was gentle and used a small screw driver to lift the spring in order to push lever back through

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
What would be the best way to take those out without harming the trs? The bar was sitting low prior to taking this levers out. How hat is that spring to replace?
Why are you compelled to remove them when they are captive and not designed to be removed when field stripped?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Goodness. The thing is fine. The thing rattles because the only thing keeping it to the frame is the little nub and the grooves cut into the piece that mate with the actual slide stop. It's not exactly a bank vault fitment. If it bothers you that much, do what people here often say and put some felt tape behind it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was trying to see how it worked and fix a problem, did not know I would ruin a gun by removing one thing, but according to you i did

1 - 20 of 69 Posts