HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Born again newbie...Years ago I owned a P7, as well as other guns. Long story short -- the ex-wife insisted I sell them, which I did do, eventually. Then she tells me it's divorce time. I could do without the other guns, but I really want a P7 again. My thoughts are to find a basic one with the euro mag release with a not so great finish and have it chromed. This way I get what I want while keeping the costs down. Make sense? Any advice on how to begin my search for such a gun? If that is allowed.
Thanks
Serge

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Born again newbie...Years ago I owned a P7, as well as other guns. Long story short -- the ex-wife insisted I sell them, which I did do, eventually. Then she tells me it's divorce time. I could do without the other guns, but I really want a P7 again. My thoughts are to find a basic one with the euro mag release with a not so great finish and have it chromed. This way I get what I want while keeping the costs down. Make sense? Any advice on how to begin my search for such a gun? If that is allowed.
Thanks
Serge
Serge, I think your approach is smart. Get a PSP LEO turn in and start there. You could actually find one with a good finish that you wouldn't need to chrome. Refinishing can get expensive, so I'd look for one with good finish to start with. From my observations, the discount on P7s with worn finishes is not big. You may be better off paying a slightly higher premium for one with a good finish and not chroming it. The net effect will be cheaper than buying a worn finish and sending it out for chroming. That is unless you just like the chrome look. As far as finding a gun you have a few options: Search on the local GA gun forum so you can buy something that might be close enough to you to go look at it in person (or stalk LGS but I always find those overpriced). You could also stalk SIGFORUM, M4Carbine and ARFCOM's handgun sections as P7s pop up there from time to time for a good price. You could find one on GunBroker - best selection, but likely highest price. Finally, I would recommend just watching the handgun sales section here on this forum. Prices vary from full market price to slightly below market, but you usually get high quality guns and the sellers are respectable. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Welcome to the forum @Serge

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought a LEO P7 years back and had it Metalifed ("hard-chromed") by Mahovsky's.
Very decent finish and not very expensive.
Had to sell it because of financial issues but I'd do it again if I could find another P7 at a decent price.

However, finding one with a decent finish already on it is a good way to go, but if you really want to have it hard-chromed, there's quite a few places out there that'll do it for you if you just shop around a bit.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
If you want a chrome type finish, unless you're willing to track down a factory nickel, you will either buy a refinished gun, or need to do it yourself. So, don't worry about the exterior, as many imports were graded A even with questionable cosmetics, they are graded on the more important internals. A batch of grade As were released in the past year under a grand. Bs and Cs were cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts