HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning to my once beloved world of HKs and have developed a fondness for the P30. I owned a p2000sk the first year they came out and that dang lever rattled like a marble in a tin can. For those of you that have the P30, does it have the same problem?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yes and no. I shoot my P30 and P30L regularly and the P30 rattles. The P30L doesn't. The other P30s and P30Ls that I haven't shot do not.
I put a small felt tape inside the right-side slide release and the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm beside myself with the rattle comments i've seen about the P30 in other threads. I shoot the hell out of my L and it doesn't rattle the least bit. I don't think it would bother me. Is your rattling is from the rail/slide or slide lock with/wo a magazine inserted?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Whenever I read these rattle topics...I wonder what the general nature of the concern is. I could see - if one were a ninja assassin - and the rattle is louder than one's ninja tip toe, cross walk, then it would be of concern. My 45c only rattles when I shake it...but who does that? As previous posts have pointed out, most of us don't shake our guns, we shoot them.

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Mine all rattle... but it is nothing I fret over.

Whenever I read these rattle topics...I wonder what the general nature of the concern is...
Exactly. I too am a little curious as to why this could bother someone so much.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I remember being a boot and Patrolling the Fence line in Cuba. I made more noise trying to walk like a light footed Indian than walking normal through the brush. Nothing is silent. :0) How many people actually hear that 15 round rattle w/ a round in the chamber unless you have the gun unholstered fingering it? lol

...I guess you might if you holster it and shake like a Jello Jiggler.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Whenever I read these rattle topics...I wonder what the general nature of the concern is. I could see - if one were a ninja assassin - and the rattle is louder than one's ninja tip toe, cross walk, then it would be of concern. My 45c only rattles when I shake it...but who does that? As previous posts have pointed out, most of us don't shake our guns, we shoot them.

Just curious.
You just offended all mall Ninjas, my p30 doesn't rattle

·
Registered
231 Posts

Just curious.
MIght be something to do with paying upwards of 1,000$ for a gun that rattels. You would think for that kind of money it wouldn't. You call it what you want but it's poor craftsmanship. It's not that hard to cut splines on a shaft that fit tight and would have no play but still come apart with little to no effort. TBH it felt like an afterthought add on with my HK45c.

·
Registered
43 Posts
MIght be something to do with paying upwards of 1,000$ for a gun that rattels. You would think for that kind of money it wouldn't.
I agree! I love all of my HK's and I budget 500 rounds a month so I shoot them. Although the slide release rattle is not really a big deal and does not effect performance in any way I was a little disappointed when I bought my girlfriends P2000SK. I bought it on line so I did not get to inspect it first and by the way let me point out she absolutely loves it; it's her carry piece and she is very accurate with it, but the right side slide release has a very sloppy fit. We are no ninja's like some have stated but I liken it to buying a Mercedes and when you get it home you notice that the headliner is starting to sag...sure it wont effect how it drives but it sure would be disappointing.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
:wink:

Just curious.
In Manufacturing there is a saying "form, fit and function" as long as my HK's are in that group all is fine!. Reliability is my Main concern first and foremost!! Anything man made has limitation's nothing is flawless...shoot more and shake less... :wink:

Want to hear a story about a BMW 7 series with a rattle?? Nah better not then all 7 series would be shake tested....:25:

·
Registered
437 Posts
No rattle from my P30L. Unless I am really shaking the hell out of it, and only side-to-side shaking, not a sound when shaking up and down or forward and back. And then I would not call it a rattle, just a little bit of soft clunking that one would expect to be hearing when an assembly of dozens of mechanical parts is being subjected to treatment that has nothing to do with the purpose it was designed for. She is as quiet as a mouse when she is in her CCW holster in my waistband all day with her Veridian X5L V1 to keep her company.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:wink:

In Manufacturing there is a saying "form, fit and function" as long as my HK's are in that group all is fine!. Reliability is my Main concern first and foremost!! Anything man made has limitation's nothing is flawless...shoot more and shake less... :wink:
I have to agree with this. My old KE date code USP rattles like a snake if you shake it (slide to frame fit) but it has also been the single most reliable gun (handgun or otherwise) I have ever owned...I'm somewhere in the range of 30000-35000 rounds through her and she has never had a single FTF or FTE

1 - 20 of 78 Posts