HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found a DOJ 94 for about the going rate. I was just curious as to how bad your DOJ markings are? The finish and internals are great, the rear sight has a 94 sight and so I am pleased with that.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
several I have had were either electric pencil engraved or had nothing at all except,as said before,mucho exterior wear and minimal inside wear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a note, here in California, where these rifles are from, DOJ stands for Department of Justice. The 94's came from the Department of Corrections, "DOC". To my knowledge the DOJ never had any HK 94's.

Z

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops my bad on the doj/doc thing. My markings are on the top of the receiver next the hk symbol and above the mag well on the right. Can these be removed by refinish job?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
oops my bad on the doj/doc thing. My markings are on the top of the receiver next the hk symbol and above the mag well on the right. Can these be removed by refinish job?
Absolutely. The numbers could be cut deep into the metal, and could still be repaired so it was undetectable.

Example: when HK94s are remarked MP5 - the best of them tig weld over the old numbers, sand it down, and then remark them. Anything can be repaired, there are some extremely skilled refinishers out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts