HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had mentioned how my mom was "in the market for a full size 9mm". I had sent her a list of firearms to test at her local gun shop/range. Well, when she came for a visit, we got a chance to go to the range where I let her try a few of mine. The Beretta 92fs, Glockenspiel 17, Sig SP2009, a S&W M&P and of course, my new P2000. Since she couldn't name them and really didn't know the differences other than ones that didn't have an exposed hammer, we ended up conducting a 5 pistol blind study. While she shot extremely well with all of them and had a very nice group with the 92fs, her favorite was the P2000. So since it was mom, I let her keep it on an indefinite loan trial basis. I've got her test target which I will post when I get home. But shooters beware to keep your Hk's a secret, especially from the women! I already ordered the over size mag release and mag loader so that her next trip to the range will be easier for her tender hands.

Picture added...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sounds like you have a pretty cool mom. My mom would probably have a heart attack if I just told her I own a gun...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks like she shot best with the Beretta though.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
yeah that baretta is a pretty tight group. unless im seeing something wrong she shot the worst with the p2000. But if that is what feels good, i imagine it is what she will be best with with some practice.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I lost a beautiful S&W 686 no dash to Mrs Azimuth that way. She finally went to the range with me. Picked up my beloved 686. Fired one cylinder full and said, "This one is mine." Now I only ever get to play with it on occasion. D'oh! I don't dare let het touch my HKs!!!!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I lost a beautiful S&W 686 no dash to Mrs Azimuth that way. She finally went to the range with me. Picked up my beloved 686. Fired one cylinder full and said, "This one is mine." Now I only ever get to play with it on occasion. D'oh! I don't dare let het touch my HKs!!!!
yup. Taught my fiance how to shoot with my HK45. She has her xds 9 and loves it but the rule is. The HK45 is hers. i can shoot it. I can never sell it. Its hers. Even if we divorce that gun goes with her :|.............I just wanna say " go buy your own"..............but that will never happen :\

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't let your wife shoot it either, unless you want to buy another one (not sure if that warrants a sad face or a smiley?)

I recently became the proud owner of a P2000 V3 in 40 S&W (lightly used) and got to take it to the range one time. I loved it. Most accurate pistol I've ever owned.
We bought a Ruger SR9c for my wife, sent her to a training class with it and promptly sold it. We've been looking for a replacement since. She likes the feel of the XDm's but unfortunately, they are not available to us here in California, without significant additional expense.

My daughter owns a P2000 V2 (maybe V1 now, I can't tell) in 9mm that she agreed to let her mom try out.
Mom tried it and didn't like the trigger. She tried my new P2000 and started hitting our target, a 6" steel plate at 20 paces, fairly regularly. By fairly regular, I mean 3:10 shots. Not bad I figure for a woman who has shot less than 500 rounds thru a pistol.

So, I had to go find another P2000 for me. Seven more days of waiting until I bring it home.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I learned that the hard way too. My mom still has my S&W 642, 7 years later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts