HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching this movie last night for the 100th time because I love it and saw this...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There are HK MP5's and G36's in the movie as well. The USP is bad a**, I'd really like to own one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Man...I haven't watched that movie in a long time. I didn't even notice that part of the movie. That was a great video game also, at least Doom 3 was. I gotta watch it now and pay a bit more attention!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Was watching it last night too. Strangely, it was more enjoyable now then when i saw it when it first came out. I always like the first person shooter part

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was watching it last night too. Strangely, it was more enjoyable now then when i saw it when it first came out. I always like the first person shooter part
I always like the "SEMPER FI MUTHA*****" part. Lol. The Rock was my hero growing up so I loved the movie.

I just noticed the USP last night as well. In futuristic movies like these I don't bother to try indentifying weapons because they usually have so much crap on them but this USP was plain jane... I guess the USP after two decades still looks like a futuristic gun to the movie magic folks. I was thinking if a P30L or HK45 would look better and then I thought only the USP would fit now granted this movie was made in 2005, I don't know if the P30 and HK45 was out then.

Only the USP would be the gun of a super bad a** elite crew that's trying to destroy huge aliens. Man I gotta get a USP, I almost feel like I'm disrespecting the USP by not having it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
On Spike by chance? I did a double take when Karl Urban was cleaning the 36 bolt carrier at the beginning. I just caught the movie for the first time today and was amused to see the 36s in their "future" kits, though they seen to end up in movies often as the future rifles (Equilibrium, etc). The squared-off handguards and the dual optics didn't look half bad.

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
That is a blast from the past--- there are several movies that I can watch again and again!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Ha, I caught parts of it the other day too. You could tell they tweaked the G36s a little more to make them even more futuristic looking.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
DOOM is one of my favorite movies! The futuristic weapons used by many of the Marines in the film were based on the G36, and the prop shells contained live fire G36Cs I believe.

I purchased my SL8-1/G36 conversion from the guy who owns the hero prop used in the 1st person shooter sequence. I'll grab some pictures from his site to share here.

The dual optic gives it away.

Obviously the real G36 was removed and replaced with some type of replica to display the prop.

Here's some stills from the movie.

65 rounds?! Must be HK will invent a 65 round quad stack magazine for the G36 family in the future. Hehe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Damn, the props/case/display/setup looks cool. Do you know how much he spent to get the prop rifles?

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Damn, the props/case/display/setup looks cool. Do you know how much he spent to get the prop rifles?

Thanks for sharing
It's my pleasure! I'm not sure how he got the props, I do know that he has props from all different kinds of movies so he must have connections somewhere. He told me his friend made the display cases for him. If I had the cash I'd love to have the Reaper Hero rifle. DOOM was not a very popular movie, but I feel it will reach cult status someday. For that reason I'd guess that the prop is worth a few thousand on the low end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts