HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am eyeing one of the DAO (I think) usp compact pistols from classic fire arms and I am wondering if the ambi safety can be safely removed since these guns are Double action only from what I could tell. I am wondering if any one has any experiance with this is it possible and if so is it something I should do myself or does anyone have a gunsmith they could recommend

Thank you
Chris G

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I am eyeing one of the DAO (I think) usp compact pistols from classic fire arms and I am wondering if the ambi safety can be safely removed since these guns are Double action only from what I could tell. I am wondering if any one has any experiance with this is it possible and if so is it something I should do myself or does anyone have a gunsmith they could recommend

Thank you
Chris G
Checked the video and the guns are not DAO.
They are DA/SA.
The control lever is the dead giveaway.
And the video clearly shows the hammer cocked before he pulls the trigger.
Bravo Sierra friend.
That guy doesn't have a clue :rolleyes:

The P2000 40 LEM in the video is genuine.

You can get an OEM LEM kit and convert the gun.
That's what I did to my USP Compact 45 -

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
https://www.classicfirearms.com/heckler-koch-usp-9mm-hkuspcp
I watched it, they are LEM. They are the Germany made ones.
I think this is what you need to remove the safety but not sure.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/LEM-Hammer-Axle-Variant-7-All-USP-HK45-pistols-212p1929.htm
LEM never has the hammer back.
The video clearly shows the hammer cocked.
No (_&(&_ way that's LEM.
I am totally sure

BTW ALL USPs are German made.
Do you actually own a LEM gun?
Or a USP for that matter?

·
Registered
627 Posts
LEM never has the hammer back.
The video clearly shows the hammer cocked.
No (_&(&_ way that's LEM.
I am totally sure

BTW ALL USPs are German made.
Do you actually own a LEM gun?
No I don't own an Lem but I never saw the hammer back after he racked the slide. I did see him hold the trigger before breaking it. Like I said I think some one posted the same gun from a different company earlier.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
No I don't own an Lem but I never saw the hammer back after he racked the slide. I did see him hold the trigger before breaking it. Like I said I think some one posted the same gun from a different company earlier.
Look closely at the end of the video.
He racks the slide, the hammer is cocked and then he pulls the trigger.
DA/SA friend.
No doubt about it.

Most all of my Hks are LEM.
P30, P30SK, P2000, P2000SK, HK45c, USP Compact 45, USP Tactical 45 and USP Elite 45.
I know LEM and that's not LEM.
Believe it

·
Registered
627 Posts
Look closely at the end of the video.
He racks the slide, the hammer is cocked and then he pulls the trigger.
DA/SA friend.
No doubt about it.

Most all of my Hks are LEM.
P30, P30SK, P2000, P2000SK, HK45c, USP Compact 45, USP Tactical 45 and USP Elite 45.
I know LEM and that's not LEM.
Believe it
finger trigger.png close slide.png openslide.png

Start with the third one and go backwards and look at the times

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
@Barth I am disappointed in you, man. The USPc 9mm is a LEM with ambi safety. Watch when he racks the slide, the hammer does not stay cocked but returns to its "1/3 cocked" position. If it was a DA/SA, the hammer would stay cocked after racking the slide.

Watch the video, @ 1:22 to 1:25, you'll see the hammer at its 1/3 cocked position. Then he pulls the trigger back, causing the hammer to go back and forth. That's a LEM.

You can remove the safety (Ambi Safety Lever) by purchasing the LEM Hammer Axle (link provided by robertp above). You can also convert it to a left-side Safety Lever only by purchasing the V1 Control Lever. At lastly, you can convert it all the way to DA/SA by purchasing the DA/SA parts.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
@Barth I am disappointed in you, man. The USPc 9mm is a LEM with ambi safety. Watch when he racks the slide, the hammer does not stay cocked but returns to its "1/3 cocked" position. If it was a DA/SA, the hammer would stay cocked after racking the slide.

Watch the video, @ 1:22 to 1:25, you'll see the hammer at its 1/3 cocked position. Then he pulls the trigger back, causing the hammer to go back and forth. That's a LEM.

You can remove the safety (Ambi Safety Lever) by purchasing the LEM Hammer Axle (link provided by robertp above). You can also convert it to a left-side Safety Lever only by purchasing the V1 Control Lever. At lastly, you can convert it all the way to DA/SA by purchasing the DA/SA parts.
Oh Crap, I thought all LEMs has bobbed hammers and completely decocked?
None of my eight HK LEM handguns look or work like that?
My bad.
Now I'm going to have to make a bunch of apologies.
Damn I hate when this happens...

Thanks for correcting me... :frown:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well, I bought this gun on impulse yesterday and now I have another LEM USP C 9mm that I do not want.
I wish I had clarified this before I bought it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oh Crap, I thought all LEMs has bobbed hammers and completely decocked?
My bad.
Now I'm going to have to make a bunch of apologies.
Damn I hate when this happens...

Thanks for correcting me... :frown:
I forgive anything you are apologizing for but there is no need. Thanks for correcting me on the things I didn't know. That's how I learn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im ok with the double action only and I could live with the safety but given the choice I would prefer not to have the safety on a dao gun and i am getting the hint that it is indeed possible to remove the safety :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes. Just install a Version 7 hammer axle (about $30 from Brownells) in place of the ambi safety.

The detent plate, detent slide and it's compression spring are also removed, as they are not needed. So after conversion, you'll wind up with five extra parts that aren't used . . . . an ambi safety lever, a Version 5+6 hammer axle and detent plate, a "flag" (detent slide), and it's compression spring.

Installation is relatively easy. A good youtube on how change the hammer axle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts