HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm suddenly having an odd problem with my USP 40. When the trigger resets into a double action pull (IE - dry firing). It doesn't fully reset, it sort of hangs in between a single and double action pull (distance wise). While this doesn't exactly make the weapon unfunctional, it functions fine while firing due to it "unsticking" when the hammer cocks back, but it does make me a bit concerned since this is my primary self defense weapon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This happened to my Tac 45. Clean it the best you can and then use your favorite lube in the trigger assembly. I used break free CLP. This seemed to cure the problem with sticking. The trigger return seemed "slow" but it didn't hang up anymore.

I then wanted to make the trigger feel better. I disassembled the trigger mechanism completely, and man was it dirty. I cleaned each piece and then buffed the hammer and sear contact points with flitz and my dremel. Put it all back together and its way better than it was! Now the trigger return feels normal and confident.

I went ahead and did this to my 40C and holy cow the trigger mech was so dirty. Now the trigger feels better in it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happened to my Tac 45. Clean it the best you can and then use your favorite lube in the trigger assembly. I used break free CLP. This seemed to cure the problem with sticking. The trigger return seemed "slow" but it didn't hang up anymore.

I then wanted to make the trigger feel better. I disassembled the trigger mechanism completely, and man was it dirty. I cleaned each piece and then buffed the hammer and sear contact points with flitz and my dremel. Put it all back together and its way better than it was! Now the trigger return feels normal and confident.

I went ahead and did this to my 40C and holy cow the trigger mech was so dirty. Now the trigger feels better in it.
Hm this actually start happening after I detail stripped and cleaned everything but the trigger itself (I hate putting that spring back in.) Maybe I was just being lazy, i'll check it out later tonight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had this issue with a NIB USPc .45. The trigger return spring was weak. HK sent me a replacement which solved the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts