HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently heard about this forum. Haven't been active in a while, but used to read frequently at THR, Sig, and various 1911 forums. After moving, kids, and not having done uspsa in a few years, I've been whittling down my collection and am looking to wind up with (maybe) just one handgun. Could he vp9 fit the bill? Shot a lot previously with sigs, glocks, berettas, and a grand power, and honestly, I liked the GP best of all.

Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carry and house. I'd be ok with striker fired or hammer. Generally like the ease of da/sa, but not there seem to be lots of solid striker guns with good pulls.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
VP9 or a P30 will fit the bill. With the P30 you can choose DA/SA or LEM trigger and if you want something smaller P30sk.

There are lots of choices.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
A VP9 served me well as my first, and for a period of time only, gun. I feel a little bit better about carrying a hammer gun with a safety, but I still will carry the VP9.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
First, a P30L for the house and for serious sport target. Then a P30SK for CC and the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got to the store to check out a vp9 and some p30 variants. The vp9 is the best striker-fired type trigger I've felt, and I was very impressed with the lem trigger and build quality on the p30 sk. Guys who carry the sk, do you use mag extenders for the third finger or don't worry about it?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Both. I use extenders primarily for capacity, the gun is plenty controllable and easy to shoot with the standard 10 round mags. 13 round USPc/P2000 mags with a flat baseplate and xgrip doesn't add much length for 3 extra rounds. This is my most frequent carry mag, unless I need the utmost in concealability in which case I'll use the standard 10 round. If I'm wearing very concealable clothing I'll use the same mag with the pinky extension baseplate for a bit more grip and easier draw. Spare magazine is a 10 rounder with the HKparts +1 pinky extension. One extra round and the added grip and a perfect fit. Since the xgrips are designed for the P2000sk, they don't fit perfectly and create a little resistance for seating the magazine. Also sometimes carry this one in the gun, it's EVER so slightly more concealable than the 13 with flat base plate. Same maximum length, but tapers off at the back. Can get rid of printing lines in some circumstances.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts