HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
gun must be locked in a locked case unloaded or locked in the trunk unloaded. ammo can be in a mag but the mag can not be in the gun.

For Sale in CA HK USP 45 Custom combat FDE

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can use a Titan Gun Safe Pistol Vault. They say it is CA DOJ approved. See: http://www.titangunsafe.com/
It can be mounted in your vehicle several different ways:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agree. I avoid these issues being discussed by just avoiding California all together. They will never get a dollar from me so long i can help it.
I did a cross country tour on my Road Glide Ultra this summer. Oregon and California don't recognize my out of state carry permit. So I kept the pistol locked in the tour pack trunk, the ammo locked in a side hard bag. Until my tent was pitched. Then AFAIAC, I was under Castle Doctrine. I can tell someone "stay the hell outside" through tent fabric. After that, I believe I've done my duties. I don't care where I am, I'm not camping alone in the woods wifout mah buddy.

Sadly, Canada makes a dream trip to Alaska impossible for me. They WILL arrest anyone with a handgun without a permit, which are impossible to obtain. Even if you are on a WA to AK ferry that sails in Canadian waters. A friend in Valdez knew a captain who was arrested in a Canadian port, still on his ship, for having a handgun aboard. That is messed UP.

MORE messed up is the ferries that cross Lake Michigan. They require you to put your handgun in your bike, which you must then leave to go to the passenger area. THAT isn't so bad, but THEN they put a big orange placard on your windscreen, so anyone can know you have a gun in your car or bike. I ALWAYS make a scene, about "You are requiring me to surrender control of my weapon to your custody and prohibit me from the area it is stored. You hereby assume all responsibility for the firearm, motorcycle, and anything that might subsequently occur should the weapon fall into the hands of another". Even off duty policeman have to do this! Nuts!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts