HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were can I get a "all peep hole" rear sight drum for a 91? I know they make them and ive seen a few of them around. I just dont care for the V-notch for the 100m mark, I would much rather have a peep hole for the the 100m mark.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You might call JLD/PTR 91 Inc. They used to make them for their rifles.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
The V-notch is for extreme close range only. Even the G3 manual states to sight it in using position #2 at 100 meters, the #1 is an auxilliary sight.

Besides, the difference between POI and POA is only a little over one inch or so between 100 yards and 200 yards for a .308 round. There's no way you could possibly detect what amounts to a .5 MOA difference at 200 yards on open sights anyways.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called PTR today and he said as far as he knows those were real HK surplus parts. They ran out of them a while back. I see your point on close range only with the v-notch. I need to do some training and see if I like it for the close in stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I called PTR today and he said as far as he knows those were real HK surplus parts. They ran out of them a while back. I see your point on close range only with the v-notch. I need to do some training and see if I like it for the close in stuff.
Since the range closest to me has only 50, 75, and 100 yard lanes, mine never moves off the '2' notch.

Next time you go out, shoot with the V-notch at a target 25 or 50 yards away. You just use it like a large set of pistol sights, with the entire front sight globe as you would the front post on a pistol, and the wide part of the notch.

Then the V itself will give you a precise 100 yard shot if you want, but again, I just use #2 for everything 100 yards and below.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I like the V-notch for low light conditions too, sometimes I'll be in dark shadow but the target (steel plate w/ cylume stick) is still available. The v-notch makes it easier to see the front post.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi All,

I like the #2 peep (200m? I guess) because it seems easy to center the front sight post guard (circle) in the peep hole... they seem to be the perfect size for each other... this is a weakness for many iron sight I have used...

LO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts