HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I am interested in purchasing a second USP .45 F w/ night sights as my pistol for my left hand. I am intending on custom fabricating magazine holders that will allow me to reload with both hands simulatenously (is that legal in CA?). I was wondering how I could have a USP w/ the safety lever and the slide lock on the opposite side while maintaining DA/SA? I have no gunsmithing experience, so I would have to have someone else do it for me for a labor charge. Any input on how to could have a left hand friendly USP would be great,,thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Trying to live the fantasy world dream? j/k I have no idea.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Its easy. You need a V.2 decocker. Having tried to shot 2 45's at the same time, its not as easy as on might think. Shotting off hand is easier to get use to. But thinking about where 2 guns are pointed at, at the same time takes a lot of practice. Best bet is to find out who made the rig for tomb raider.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Safety lever? sure just get a V2.

Slide release?

Keep dreaming :p

or wait for the HK45, because it has the Ambi-slide release.

If you had enough money, it would be possible to machine a groove and fit a piece of steel (machined into slide release shape) into the current slide release, sort of like the P2000

As it has been said many times on this board, anything is possible, if you have enough money to spend ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am left handed and I have no trouble using my index finger to release the slide. You might want to install ambi control levers on both pistols so you could use them with either hand.

·
Registered
802 Posts
And you want to have the mags deploy out the bottom of your backpack too? Looks like someone's been watching too much Tomb Raider.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So even w/ a V. 2, I couldn't have the slide release for the left hand thumb? Also, how much would it cost to get 2 USP's made for ambi use?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So even w/ a V. 2, I couldn't have the slide release for the left hand thumb? Also, how much would it cost to get 2 USP's made for ambi use?
Made?

ummmm, how much money do you have set aside for such a task? Like i said, anythings possible with enough money and persistance.

Im sure you could get a good machine shop, to do 2 steel USP frames, that have the controlls (mainly slide stop) on opposide sides.... might cost 15000 dollars each, mabey less, mabey more.... mabey 10 times more..... i dont know, im not familiar with complex machined objects, and how much a small production run would be.... I do know however, that it would be extremely cost prohibetive, unless you had a run of several hundred of them.

Or (as i already said).... you could wait for the HK45 to come out, which has ambi safety, and slide stop already ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh...never mind that option then! anything price even near those figures are mind boggling...So the general consensus is that left handed users can easily reach the slide release lever with their index finger as well as release the magazines w/ their index finger?

Also, how much more should a V. 2 cost relative to a regular V. 1?

·
Registered
59 Posts
i am a left anded user of a usp expert and Ive always used the slide release with my index finger no problem. And if you put the magazine in hard enough the slide will release anyways, so thats another option.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
oh...never mind that option then! anything price even near those figures are mind boggling...So the general consensus is that left handed users can easily reach the slide release lever with their index finger as well as release the magazines w/ their index finger?

Also, how much more should a V. 2 cost relative to a regular V. 1?
The V2 should be similar in price to the V1, if you need to replace it, it might be 20 bucks or so... (i cant remember exactly)

And reaching the slide release with your index finger is what most people do... it will take getting used to if your used to thumb releasing, but its not hard ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts