HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am looking at buying a USP Tactical in 40sw - I am looking at a few used and new - how do I tell which variant the pistol is or do all the tactical models come in a specific variant??

Thanks for the help - I am so stinkin' excited to FINALLY get an HK Tactical!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I should have clarified better - one of the used ones I am looking at doesn't have a box - the new ones I am still waiting to hear back. All of these I am looking at are online - better deals than I can find calling around my area. So on a USP Tactical w/o box/papers, can you tell by just looking on the pistol??

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Here you go. The standard variant for a USP .40 Tactical is V1 (DA/SA). But there are some special ordered version (like a couple that I've seen on this forum lately) that came with no safety lever, but DA/SA. Also, get the part number. It will tell you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Toosixy,

Where did you find that chart? OI am looking at getting a HK45 and keep seeing variants, but can't find anything explaining the variants like the one you posted here. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Campy...here's a link to the HK45 owners manual. Heckler & Koch - USA

The variants to the HK45 are the same as the USP...which is also pasted below.

USP Variants:

Variant 1:
 Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 2: 
Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 3: 
Double action/single action without "SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 4: 
Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.

Variant 6: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.

Variant 7: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)

Variant 8: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY

Variant 9: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.

Variant 10: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Toosixy,

Where did you find that chart? OI am looking at getting a HK45 and keep seeing variants, but can't find anything explaining the variants like the one you posted here. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's one for the HK45/HK45C.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
So if one were to convert an HK45c v1 to LEM, then technically you've just made it v7? For some reason I thought it was just LEM in USP/HK45 line.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
...or you could've just found it here at HKPRO:

USP

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There are no "DAO" models in the HK45/HK45C line. V5, V6, and V7 are LEM with and without safety levers. (See page 13 in your HK45/HL45C Operators Manual.)

My HK45C V7 is, of course, LEM just as yours will be when converted from any V-number. Note there are no "light" and "heavy" V-numbers in the HK45/HK45C line.

I'm beginning to think there are no longer any "DAO" models in the current USP line either. Replaced by LEM in the same V5. V6. and V7 configurations.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
815 Posts
There are no "DAO" models in the HK45/HK45C line. V5, V6, and V7 are LEM with and without safety levers. (See page 13 in your HK45/HL45C Operators Manual.)

My HK45C V7 is, of course, LEM just as yours will be when converted from any V-number. Note there are no "light" and "heavy" V-numbers in the HK45/HK45C line.

I'm beginning to think there are no longer any "DAO" models in the current USP line either. Replaced by LEM in the same V5. V6. and V7 configurations.

-- Chuck
I know I'm picking at nits here...but the HK45(c) manual refers to the LEM as a system of DAO. Pages 6 & 7. :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Correct. HK is marketing LEM as DAO. Probably to sell it to police departments that seem to think DAO is a "safer" system.

Not the same as the "old" DAO (like SIG, for example) which I don't think has been made by HK in years (pure guess!).

Standard (AKA "Heavy") LEM mimics the horrible 9+ pound DAO trigger systems of several other pistols. Follow up shots with standard LEM are the same 9+ pounds so standard LEM never gets the good SA trigger of DA/SA follow up shots.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cypher, I am new to HK, and really semi-auto pistols, but bought a new FS USP .45 Tac. and it came with a match trigger in V1 I think... I am not the semi-auto nor HK expert but have done a lot of shooting in my 75 yrs. and will say that the V1 match trigger that came on my USP Tac. is one sweet semi-auto trigger, I can almost wish this V1 match trigger off... That said, I also shoot triggers in my match rifles that are under 1/2 oz. (+/- 165 gr.)...
Have a good one...Tater2...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts