HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, wonder if I could get some advice.. I have an AA (2000) 45 cal Full size USP that is a great gun.

I bought it used from a LEO.. so it has some holster wear. I want to "spiff" it up a bit and thought about the HK black dura coat....I bought it right, and plan on keeping it.

Would you recommend Dura Coat- or does that "cheapen" the value of the gun..

What's your feeling?

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you plan on keeping it for yourself, I wouldn't think twice about it. However, if you plan on re-selling it, I'd do one of two things. A: Refinish it the correct way, which could be expensive but depending on the internals it might be worth it. Or B: I would leave it as it is.

The problem is, if you plan on re-selling, they buyer will look at the piece and wonder what the dura coat is covering. Dura coat is fairly cheap fix and may set off a red flag in the buyers mind.

I know if I was buying a used gun with a brand new dura coat finish, I'd be wondering what was underneath.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I dont care much for Dura Coat. I have seen some real nice firearms turned into something not even a circus clown would use. I vote refinish it right and skip the sideshow...:20000000:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts